NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 6

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 6

Post by Spiril »

If you got any questions or comments regarding this release of NewsLeecher, please post them here.
Last edited by Spiril on Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Nicom

Post by Nicom »

I installed the beta 6 released today ... I am under windows seven RC (build 7100) 64-bit .... my antivirus is the free version of AVG from Grisoft (it is updated) .... once installed the beta 6 ... I relance NewsLeecher and there .... detection of a trojan: Dropper.ErPack.O !!!!! .... and impossible to run NewsLeecher .. I had to do a System Restore to use the beta 5!

what bothers me most is the virus detected ... hoping that was a false positive ??§!!

excuse me for my English .. . I'm french!

Thanks for your information and help !!!

+++

JMark

Post by JMark »

No smart select?

JMark

Post by JMark »

No select all author?

Djs

Speed Schedular

Post by Djs »

Spiril,
Can you make the Speed Schedular function as it used to before the V4 version please.

When you toggle between Speed limit [none] to Speed limit [scheduled]
The Download / Speed Scheduler option pops up and you have to click the Enable Scheduler, Apply and OK.

This is everytime you toggle between the two states.

In v3 versions you could just toggle the states from the top menu without the option box having to be re-enabled each time.

The Speed Scheduler is an important function to me as my ISP restricts downloading during parts of the day.

Kezzaa

Post by Kezzaa »

Same problem as Nicom here! :(

Tides

Post by Tides »

Vista 64 SP1 same problem, can't use new beta with AVG installed.

avnyc11

Post by avnyc11 »

vista 32bit. the rne features such as auto remove unused paused par2s doesnt work. auto unpuase needed par2s doesnt work. add par2s as paused unless only par2s doesnt work. by doesnt work i mean that these features havent worked in this beta release or the last one. i have all the options configured but they dont work,

avnyc11

Post by avnyc11 »

sorry for the repost
Last edited by avnyc11 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

avnyc11

Post by avnyc11 »

sorry for the repost
Last edited by avnyc11 on Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snoeki

Post by snoeki »

I don't understand why we have still the virus programm problems after one year, can't use this beta and beta 5 works fine?

Too bad, hope you guys can fix this once and for all.

patcha

AVG 8.5 Virus

Post by patcha »

i have same with AVG 8.5 Internet Security. Cant install BETA 6 > Virus found

Patcha :(

steptoe

Columns not justified correctly

Post by steptoe »

Just minor errors with soem of the columns that were reported a couple of beta version ago as well

In the SuperSearch page, the 'group' column is left justified, but should be right justified as its current now too close to the 'age' column as makes things look messy as the other columns are right justified to give that space between columns and keep things lined up neatly and easy to read

In the Queue page, again the 'group' column is left justified as well as the 'Action' column is also left justified, but should both be right justified as as it is they are too close to the other column and makes things look messy as the other columns are right justified to give that space between columns and keep things lined up neatly and easy to read

leifsjensen

Mark as read - shortcut

Post by leifsjensen »

1 The shortcut "X" does not work any more.
2 I really miss a shortcut for: select all + mark as read

Species1571

Post by Species1571 »

Tides wrote:Vista 64 SP1 same problem, can't use new beta with AVG installed.
Double click the AVG icon in the system tray. In the overview, double click Resident Shield. At the bottom, click Manage Exceptions, then click Add Path, then browse to your NewsLeecher folder then click OK. You will now be able to run Beta 6.