NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 6

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

works in win7 x64 though. 2 diff versions.

Firestorm ZERO

Post by Firestorm ZERO »

I haven't used 4.0 since beta 1. Decided to give it another try. So far what I noticed. Using Vista x64 SP1.

- Hangs at start up (Program not responding) for a few minutes at start. Very annoying.
- ALT+E, View>Settings, Tools>Settings do nothing. Only the Settings button on the toolbar works.

Tig

Post by Tig »

Can we please have sorting order retention back in the explorer please?

It may not seem like much, having to press (usually twice) the header you wish to sort by but to do it every directory when looking for something nested is a real pain in the butt.

Otherwise, perfectly happy with where 4.0 is heading :)

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Firestorm ZERO wrote:- Hangs at start up (Program not responding) for a few minutes at start. Very annoying.
- ALT+E, View>Settings, Tools>Settings do nothing. Only the Settings button on the toolbar works.
First one has been tracked to multiple network interfaces and the developer is looking into the problem.

The second one will be fixed in the next release. Until then, click on the Settings button in the main toolbar instead of the menu/keyshortcut.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tunage

Post by tunage »

May have posted this to the wrong forum category ..........

Using Newsleecher V4 Beta 6. Shift-Del (or "Remove from Cache") does NOT decrease the size of the cached files for each newsgroup ON DISK ! This number just continues to grow for each newsgroup. Running out of disk space. Am I missing something ? Every other version of Newsleecher since I've started using it years ago set the file size on disk back to 1KB. would love to start using this version all the time ...

Thanks !!!!

Ironside

Post by Ironside »

WHERE DID IT GO?

Where did the 'Save queue' and 'Load Queue' option go, or get moved to from the QUEUE TAB?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

tunage wrote:May have posted this to the wrong forum category ..........

Using Newsleecher V4 Beta 6. Shift-Del (or "Remove from Cache") does NOT decrease the size of the cached files for each newsgroup ON DISK ! This number just continues to grow for each newsgroup. Running out of disk space. Am I missing something ? Every other version of Newsleecher since I've started using it years ago set the file size on disk back to 1KB. would love to start using this version all the time ...

Thanks !!!!
The purging of the cache files on disk hasn't been added to the new version yet.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

kingwaffle

bugs

Post by kingwaffle »

Bugs I've noticed:

1. RnE still likes to trash some legitimate files, and I have to go back and recover them
2. Slow start up times (which has already been addressed)
3. After sitting in the background awhile (runs at startup), an "Application error" occurs but I only notice it when I glance at my CPU usage and see it spiking on one of my cores (have a quad core). No dialog box tells me its hung until I right click on it to bring it out of the tray, then Windows gives me a glimpse of the error, and then asks me what I want to do (Close/Close and restart, etc)
4. Also, just recently, the progress bars when I'm downloading something look like they're jumpy. They don't show progress...only "nothing" and "finished" (they aren't fluid, they're either empty or completely full, as if they're "flashing".

alexps

Beta 7 - Thanks

Post by alexps »

Spiril - thanks for fixing that grouped article queue bug in beta 7. Thanks for listening to the whining of the people who use your software. Thanks for continuing to produce a great program.
Your hard work is appreciated.

roman98

Re: Speed Schedular

Post by roman98 »

Also the scheduler is now every hour instead of half hour....old way was best.

Djs wrote:Spiril,
Can you make the Speed Schedular function as it used to before the V4 version please.

When you toggle between Speed limit [none] to Speed limit [scheduled]
The Download / Speed Scheduler option pops up and you have to click the Enable Scheduler, Apply and OK.

This is everytime you toggle between the two states.

In v3 versions you could just toggle the states from the top menu without the option box having to be re-enabled each time.

The Speed Scheduler is an important function to me as my ISP restricts downloading during parts of the day.