NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 7

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 7

Post by Spiril » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:48 pm

If you got any questions or comments regarding this release of NewsLeecher, please post them here.
Last edited by Spiril on Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

guidorobben

Post by guidorobben » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:14 pm

Every time I select a list item, the scroll bar slides to the right. This happens in the supersearch & queue. It looks like it is putting th focus on a coulmn that is not visible at the moment.

answersineed

Post by answersineed » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:41 pm

videos play automatically after downloading. this has never happened before. how do I disable it? are you guys trying to get everyone in trouble.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:02 pm

answersineed wrote:videos play automatically after downloading. this has never happened before. how do I disable it? are you guys trying to get everyone in trouble.
Don't use the "Open" button or the Enter key to leech. Use the "Leech" button.

If that doesn't solve the problem, provide more info on how you add articles to the transfer queue.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

dead666speak

Post by dead666speak » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:14 pm

Thanks a bunch for the beta 7...

one quick thing:

in the Advanced Nerdy Tweaks...

the "gui_show_popup_hints": even if I set the value to false, NL still shows the popups...

otherwise, great f'n program... I've not had any of the problems in the other beta versions; no lag, no "application error", just the virus alerts, but that has been sorted... keep up the good work...

- DeadSpeak

Bogie

Scroll bar

Post by Bogie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:00 pm

guidorobben wrote:Every time I select a list item, the scroll bar slides to the right. This happens in the supersearch & queue. It looks like it is putting th focus on a coulmn that is not visible at the moment.
I have the same issue. Also missing the poster/age info in the top bar. Subject is the only thing showing.

anuoldman

Post by anuoldman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:26 pm

the 8 second delay on startup at ...getmyip.com is back... it was cut to about 2 seconds in beta 6...

thanks for the hard work, great product..

ThaStealth

Post by ThaStealth » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:30 pm

Great job on the new release!,

The Newsleecher log to disk feature is broken I believe (or I can't file the nl_log.txt file).
Also, I can't find the extra info file (the nl.xml file), I use this file to keep track of the current status of my other (leech)machine. :)

Tnx in advance

ALSfan

Post by ALSfan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:15 pm

Thanks for the good work,

but I'm still missing these features.

1. Supersearch Service --> More: It is not possible to change Min.Days:

2. News:::Log: All Log entries are without date.

3. Queue: I can't find "files and articles marked for downloading - xxxxx articles in queue - xxxxxx GB - time left ~ xxxxxx.

4. The Queue Manager under Queue --> Options is still missing.

5. Usenet --> Articles: Many missing entries. (No Smart Select, Remove from Transfer Queue, Properties ...).

6. Sometimes the flash 'sorting articles' stays on screen.

7. Please add the possibility to close the NL news stand window.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:08 pm

ThaStealth wrote:Great job on the new release!,

The Newsleecher log to disk feature is broken I believe (or I can't file the nl_log.txt file).
Also, I can't find the extra info file (the nl.xml file), I use this file to keep track of the current status of my other (leech)machine. :)

Tnx in advance
This feature is working fine for me. These files are saved in the configuration files data directory. You are probably looking in the newsleecher.exe application directory.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

denoot

Post by denoot » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:09 pm

when downloading this beta version, nod32 alert, virus found, can;t downloading it further, anyone solution?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:11 pm

Our software does not contain a virus. It is a false positive by your antivirus software. You will need to either add an exception for our installer to your antivirus program or wait for them to release an updated definition file that fixes this false positive.

According to the following virus scan, eSET/NOD32 isn't detecting a problem with the 4247 definition DAT file.

FYI, here are the scan results for 4.0b7
installer (Result: 0/41)
installed application (Result: 1/41) McAfee-GW-Edition 6.8.5 2009.07.15 Heuristic.LooksLike.Win32.Suspicious.H
Last edited by Smudge on Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

jantje2

Supersearch takes me back to the tral version

Post by jantje2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:12 pm

When I use the supersearch I can find the items, but trying to leech them I get a message I am in trial version and start my browser to buy a license :o

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Since you have changed the address on the license, you need to re-register the NewsLeecher application.

Please use the Help>License Key Tools menu to remove any currently installed key and restart the application. It should ask you for the email address and password for your Member Area account.

henv

question

Post by henv » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:21 pm

I use a usenetprogram where everything is spotted with a addon it was possible to put the info like filenames directly from the program to supersearch. Since version 4 it is not reliable. The builder from the addon asked if it still could possible for newsleecher version 4 to use the supersearch function with a windows api call