NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 7

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
grimlock72

Re: v4b7 repair and extract and iso == corrupt

Post by grimlock72 »

pzam wrote:I have been noticing lots of times that repair and extract will seem to extract files and and not move them to the extract directory. or It may but they have corruptions.

If I use the par2 I can sometimes fix them I have not seen a pattern to what causes it yet.
Try to download the par2 file and run quickpar 0.9 on it,does it like the file at all? I have seen some regular content posted with corrupt par2 sets, which naturally NL does not like. It doesn't report or handle such problems elegantly though (either lots of null-pointer errors in the log or 'failed to extract' general errors)

Also the build-in RAR seems less capable of handling long or strange filenames/directories. Which would be alright if NL would abort on such, but sometimes it removes the downloaded parts without having extracted anything??

chemag

Articules with incorrect size

Post by chemag »

Sometimes the size of one articules looks to be incorrect. I have capture an image where you can see the problem.

The part043.rar have 1K size, but when it was downloaded the size was 48.829 Ks, and it was downloaded without problem.

I have seen several times parts with 1K size, usually the fist part in a list.

frahes

extraction problem

Post by frahes »

Hello,
I would like to point out this topic.
techfuzz wrote:That filename has a lot of characters (77) and if directory you are downloading or extracting to also has a lot of characters, you may be exceeding the maximum character limit (255) imposed by Windows. Thus for some reason the extraction ends up in an endless loop. Does this sound like what is happening?

techfuzz

I'm still having problems when RnE does his thing. In both nl4b5 and 7
Characters (files) are less smaller like: mc-gec.720, cnt-ngap, but still RnE creates: filename.r35.1, .2, .3, .4 etc. and gets stuck in a loop causing my drive to fill up...
How can I solve this?

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

If it keeps generating .1 .2 .3 files appended to filename it sounds like it is trying to repair those files but failing (without giving up, which it should do).

What does Quickpar 0.9 say about that set if you just download it using NL with RnE active?

frahes

Post by frahes »

grimlock72 wrote:If it keeps generating .1 .2 .3 files appended to filename it sounds like it is trying to repair those files but failing (without giving up, which it should do).

What does Quickpar 0.9 say about that set if you just download it using NL with RnE active?
Quickpar has no problem with the files, it just repairs them... I had to download a bunch of files all over to make it work again.
I never had this problem with NL3.9 final. What might cause this problem?

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Bug found:

When the destination extract directory is full, RnE nice puts it's entries on 'Not Enough Disc Space'

However, when space is again available on the destination directory, the Disc Space error will still remain, even after pressing 'Refresh'

The above applies for the entries which at the time of Disc Full cannot be extracted. Other entries, for example completed entries AFTER disc space is sufficent enough will be extracted.

So once 'locked' into 'Not Enough Disc Space' an entry can only be extracted by
1) making disc space available
2) restarting Newsleecher

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Also custom temporary directories is very much missed in this release.

This was a very usefull option in 3.9

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Robbo wrote:Also custom temporary directories is very much missed in this release.
HowTo: Use an alternate location for the settings and temp directories
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

frahes

Post by frahes »

What has changed in RnE since 3.9 final? RnE seems a real pain in the * since last upgrade. Can we look forward to a solution on this?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

frahes wrote:What has changed in RnE since 3.9 final? RnE seems a real pain in the * since last upgrade. Can we look forward to a solution on this?
What about RnE is a problem? it is working fine for me.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

frahes

Re: extraction problem

Post by frahes »

frahes wrote:Hello,
I would like to point out this topic.
techfuzz wrote:That filename has a lot of characters (77) and if directory you are downloading or extracting to also has a lot of characters, you may be exceeding the maximum character limit (255) imposed by Windows. Thus for some reason the extraction ends up in an endless loop. Does this sound like what is happening?

techfuzz

I'm still having problems when RnE does his thing. In both nl4b5 and 7
Characters (files) are less smaller like: mc-gec.720, cnt-ngap, but still RnE creates: filename.r35.1, .2, .3, .4 etc. and gets stuck in a loop causing my drive to fill up...
How can I solve this?
Like this post maybe?

Rosetta

Post by Rosetta »

On Repair/Extract Tab when a fileset is incomplete, I can't use "Find In SuperSearch" function.

It try to open a submenu after Category selection but only a square appear.

Is it a bug ?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Rosetta wrote:On Repair/Extract Tab when a fileset is incomplete, I can't use "Find In SuperSearch" function.

It try to open a submenu after Category selection but only a square appear.

Is it a bug ?
Just a feature that hasn't been added into the 4.0 line yet. It will be returning in a later version.

bbarker

Post by bbarker »

I found a group of files that appear to have a malformed .par2 file that causes NL to get stuck in a loop verifying the first .rar file. Every time it restarts it takes up more and more memory until my system runs out of memory. It was using over 1200MB when I caught it. This is repeatable and I can provide details via PM if needed.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

bbarker wrote:I found a group of files that appear to have a malformed .par2 file that causes NL to get stuck in a loop verifying the first .rar file. Every time it restarts it takes up more and more memory until my system runs out of memory. It was using over 1200MB when I caught it. This is repeatable and I can provide details via PM if needed.
Either send the details in a PM to Spiril (our developer) or if you need to include an attachment, email them to support@newsleecher.com and I'll forward them on to him.

Thanks.