3 months since last beta! What's going on?!?!?!?!

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
unfrostedpoptart

3 months since last beta! What's going on?!?!?!?!

Post by unfrostedpoptart » Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:44 am

Spiril, Smudge - take a minute and let your paying customers know what the hell is going on please!

4b1 came out May 11 and 4b7 on July 15. That's 7 releases in about two months. Now it's been three months with zippo. I understand things can take time, but what's the point of beta releases if you don't give us any news and only reply to about one error report in 20 (or less).

That's not a way to run a business. You are lucky that you don't have a serious competitor for your program or I'm pretty sure you'd lose most of your business and SS subscriptions very quickly.

I think there's been a lot of great progress in the program (love the multi-part grouping in 4.x) and use it frequently, but you need to be a bit more professional in giving your customers information.

David

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:24 am

This was discussed in another thread in the new beta section. We are working on new versions by testing alpha releases. A great new feature was just added today.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Shun

Post by Shun » Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:01 am

I'd rather wait a little longer and get a really good beta with most of the bugs already squashed by the alpha testers. Every time spiral reduce releases a beta too soon there are loads of complaints in this forum. I, for one, prefer to be patient.

Antonin

Where's the Plan?

Post by Antonin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 pm

I'm beginning to think that what's missing is a plan. I have to admit that its tough to patiently wait when there doesn't seem to be a plan or an outline of new / revised features and when they'll be delivered to the Alpha or Beta. If there is a plan, why not share it with the folks who's license fees help to keep this application relevant?

wvkreg

Post by wvkreg » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Its been quiet regarding new betas and finals :-)
I just renewed my license. I wonder when we can expect new software?

weetibix

Post by weetibix » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:32 pm

wvkreg wrote:Its been quiet regarding new betas and finals :-)
I just renewed my license. I wonder when we can expect new software?
Well I've been on a monthly subscription and it's just been cancelled.
I'm sick of waiting.
I may renew when the next beta arrives or I may not.
Part of my reason for having a subscription was so that I could get betas
the other reason was for supersearch and with sites like binsearch and newzleech around the reason for a subscription is just dwindling away.

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 pm

I am being very patient, but maybe a small blurb in the News Stand in Newsleecher would be nice? Just to let us know where we stand.
-Insert cool signature here.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:57 pm

we are very close. Spiril may be putting out a forum test release version to test a few items before making a public beta version. Please be a bit more patient.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:16 am

Thanks Smudge, much appreciated! :)
-Insert cool signature here.

Bags

Post by Bags » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:43 pm

Well .. I'm happy with releases ...

Sometimes betas are slow .. sometimes quickly released.

You have a choice .. Final or Beta version.
Pay for what's offered or don't pay.

Cary on Spiril and Smudge. We're not all impatient.