NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 9

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
thisizit

Post by thisizit »

I found a small bug in the Ctrl-S function, with wich the first selected article's name is given to the dl folder.
When the option to avoid double downloads is checked, NL considers that the folders name is the first file file, and skips that first article's download.

Ironside

BUG:

Post by Ironside »

BUG:

Bug Data1:
idjfaoij4

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 00886B3D in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 2D5D2064

While trying to load in a group NZB file.

JMark

Shift-PgUp/Shift-PgDn

Post by JMark »

acousticrand wrote:I am still seeing changed behavior in Article View:
Shift-PgUp/Shift-PgDn no longer highlights/selects, it does nothing.
I miss this too. It's pretty important to cleaning out dregs in large NGs.

Thanks for the updates since b8.

pzam

lkjsdlk11j Access violation at address 00890E8B deselecting items

Post by pzam »

Bug Data1:
lkjsdlk11j

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 00890E8B in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000011

This keeps happening and is getting irritating it has been going on for several beta updates now.

It happens when you have articles cross-posted in a few groups and they the groups are all in the same virtual group. When you search the article and select one it will select 2 or more depending on how many groups you have it in.

The problem happens when the article has error in it; and you try to deselect it. The error noted above happens and keeps looping till you terminate newsleecher.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

can you send a PM to Spiril with details of the article and group that causes this problem? That way he can reproduce and fix it.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

pzam

lockup lockup lockup lockup

Post by pzam »

oh my oh my today has been like lockup lockup lockup seems I keep finding files that make repair and extract get stuck and lock up newsleecher forcing me to have to terminate it. Then it messes up and loads a backup and looses everything it did.

This has happened so far 5 times today.

Most likely to happen on large files usually over 4 gig but not every time. usually when the file had several parts damaged and had to do a repair and there may have been some extra rar or par downloaded from another crash it had to deal with. so it gets confused or something.