!!newsleecher download - do not delete -- nnnnnnnnnn!!

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
kenalpine

!!newsleecher download - do not delete -- nnnnnnnnnn!!

Post by kenalpine »

v4.0 b10: The above file has suddenly begun appearing in my download directory. Size is about 4.6Mb with no extension. (The nnnnn... represents a 10-digit number). Whassup?

aimxplode

Post by aimxplode »

yea i find this annoying too

p0W3Rh0u5e

Post by p0W3Rh0u5e »

Thats the new temp-file, if everything goes right, newsleecher downloads/decodes directly into that file and renames it when its complete....

Unfortunately that new engine is'nt totally fail-proof in its current state, so, for example, temp-files are'nt deleted when you remove file from your queue, while they're downloading...

The naming is'nt the best idea either, i would prefer something like "filename.ext.nltemp".

Bags

Post by Bags »

Can't you read a bit before you post!!

This was brought up DAYS ago!

Ken Schram

Post by Ken Schram »

ignoring the post above, what was the cause / solution?

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

Ken Schram wrote:ignoring the post above, what was the cause / solution?
There is no solution as this is not a bug or an error.

Ken Schram

Post by Ken Schram »

Alright. I'll bite. WTF are they? I have 97.2 MB of this crap sitting in one directory alone. I have a newsflash for Newsleecher: I am deleting all of them.

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

Ken Schram wrote:Alright. I'll bite. WTF are they? I have 97.2 MB of this crap sitting in one directory alone. I have a newsflash for Newsleecher: I am deleting all of them.
They are temporary files for downloading articles. If they are remaining in your download directory after the downloads are completed then it's a bug.

RBob

Post by RBob »

Quaraxkad wrote: There is no solution as this is not a bug or an error.
Maybe not a "bug", in the sense that it's "working as designed", but if the files hang around when there are no files remaining to be transferred, it's certainly an "error."

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

RBob wrote:Maybe not a "bug", in the sense that it's "working as designed", but if the files hang around when there are no files remaining to be transferred, it's certainly an "error."
Like I said...
Quaraxkad wrote:If they are remaining in your download directory after the downloads are completed then it's a bug.

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

Beta11 should get rid of the temporary files remaining.

Ken Schram

Post by Ken Schram »

grimlock72 wrote:Beta11 should get rid of the temporary files remaining.

I am running Beta 11 since yesterday and I found more than half a dozen of those !! blah blah blah !! files.

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

Strange, never get those myself. You might want to post about it in the beta11 thread [/url]

Arc|Angel

Post by Arc|Angel »

This bug/feature is making my Newsleecher unusual. I can't restart my queue after I deleted an in progress binary. I keep getting the error above and it pauses everything.

Arc|Angel

Post by Arc|Angel »

Fixed the problem by recreating the directory it was complaining about manually.