NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 11

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Smudge
Site Admin

Re: Corrupt Downloads, due to corrupt message-id on server

Post by Smudge »

Carpo wrote:Hi

Long time user first time bug :)

After downloading the headers for alt.binaries.x, and trying to download a few files, i notice in the log that is saying....

10:35:14 Renaming downloading article part# 36 of " some.release "some.release.part025.rar"" from server "news.ams.newshosting.com".
10:35:14 * Old name: "some.release2_02_640x480_2500k.rar" - New name: "some.release.part025.rar".
10:35:14 * Server response: "=ybegin part=36 line=128 size=200000000 name=some.release.part025.rar". Part Msg ID: "0002b09f$0$2163$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com".
10:35:14 * Note : The part renaming is probably caused by a corrupt message-id index on the server.
10:35:14 * Note2: The file will probably come down corrupt. Please inform about the problem in the NewsLeecher User Forum.

Just doing as it asked :) would like to download that but guess i cant
The header or NZB that you were using was pointing to the wrong article because of an incorrect ID. When looking up the post using the Message ID, there isn't a problem. It has the new name as reported. There really isn't anything we can do about it.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

tp92891

Repair / Extract still hangs when reassembling files larger than 2 GB

Post by tp92891 »

Beta 11 still has the bug in Repair / Extract causing reassembly of single files larger than 2 GB (file size as opposed to download size) to fail. To be clear, these files are not stored in .RAR-files but are split like .001, 002, etc.

When R/E encounters such a file, it hangs at the verify stage with 0 % done. Downloading continues and group browsing is still possible, but R/E remains stalled with high CPU usage. Unfortunately, no relevant information seems to be logged. Stopping R/E doesn't work; trying to close NL fails because it waits for R/E to stop.

After killing the NL process, NL has lost its state: queue, last activation time of groups and R/E list.

In order to reproduce this bug, all that is required is finding a file larger than 2 GB (the file size the group list and SS display includes the overhead; anything over 2,6 GB should do) that is split as above with the corresponding .PAR2-file.

wilydodger

Renaming problem fixed

Post by wilydodger »

Hello all. I wanted to say that I got the renaming problem I was having resolved.

I upgraded my Nod32 to to the 4.0.474 x64 version and enabled advanced heuristics (not sure if the adv. heuristics was necessary though).

That seems to have done the trick.

dmp

Re: !!newsleecher download - do not delete -- nnnnnnnnnn!!

Post by dmp »

haldol wrote:
elmariachi wrote:Sadly now this error turns up for me as well:

"..temporary downloading file could not be created!
!!newsleecher download - do not delete -- nnnnnnnnnn!!
"

I was using the 4 beta 10 without issues, after the upgrade I suddently cant download anything anymore. Instead the error pops up as soon as newsleecher tries to create a temporary downlaod file.

This is a show stopper! Please fix! ... pretty please :)
+1
I have this too. Is there a workaround fix for this?
+2

I also experience this problem.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Can you please send your log to support@newsleecher.com when this happens? We need to see what is happening and this error message doesn't have enough details.

If possible, please turn on detailed logging then check the News:Log tab after trying to connect or download. The log should give you details of the error.

For 3.9x versions, it is in the Options>Advanced>Logging screen, "Only for failed downloads" should be checked.

For 4.0x versions, open the Settings>Advanced Nerdy Tweaks screen. Set the logging_detailed_download and logging_detailed_download_error options to true.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Lundis2

supersearch and repair / extract

Post by Lundis2 »

Not sure if this is specfic to 4.0 beta's or it just superseach completly.
But Ive noticed a lot of things I search for with supersearch and queue up,
gets downloaded corrupt/incomplete.
If I instead download the headers in the group and from there queue the files, they download complete with no errors. Its all very annoying.
I often now can only download using the header window after ive checked where in what group the post is with supersearch.

Also repair/extract have changed since beta 10 and forward with it "waiting for queue " and "waiting to verify" and it can sit there and download post after post filling up the list and then all of a sudden it start to process a few and then it stops and sit and wait and then start up again. Its very annoying.

Also sometimes with split files it check them against the par files and then when it reads it as complete, it moves the split files to the "complete folder" them still being splitted. (This I have noticed for several versions now)

Lundis

Surcouf

Post by Surcouf »

"..temporary downloading file could not be created!"

So I guess another +1 because I experience the same problem.
I followed the instructions for logging_detailed_download and logging_detailed_download_error as they are now activated.

Hope there will be a solution soon because my connection gets terminated as soon as the error message appears and my download completely stops. Everytime I have left my computer for a while it's a big surprise if my download still is in working order.

gkar

Post by gkar »

dont know if this is related to the post above but if i leave NL on overnight i get "not enough storage is available to process this command" only way to clear is to reboot PC

doppler

turbo/non-turbo header problem still exsists

Post by doppler »

Even thou, this release is suppose to fix the turbo non-turbo header
problem. I still from time to time get it. Usenetserver is able to
send turbo headers. Sometimes a group will start at the beginning
and non-turbo'ed. This causes some grief.

Since all headers are tested for turbo then downloaded if possbile (turbo'ed)
I would suggest an advance nerdy setting, for headers with three
possiblilities. Never/always/test. This would correct the problem
of miss-identify'ed compression and the resetting of pointer to the start
point.

elmariachi

Post by elmariachi »

Surcouf wrote:

So I guess another +1
Any news on this issue since we reached +3 status?
Could someone please post a link to beta10? So that we can at least continue downloading until this is fixed? Thx.

Shalom2010

Post by Shalom2010 »

Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

elmariachi

FIXED! - Re: !!newsleecher download - do not delete -- nnnnnnnnnn!!

Post by elmariachi »

FIXED!
elmariachi wrote:
Surcouf wrote:

So I guess another +1
Any news on this issue since we reached +3 status?
Could someone please post a link to beta10? So that we can at least continue downloading until this is fixed? Thx.
Shalom2010 wrote:Try here http://www.newsleecher.com/old/
Thx to Shalom2010 (BIG THX) I reverted back to beta 9 which did throw a different error .. something about the download location being not valid.
The folder name was too LONG so what I did was I reverted back to beta 11 and used SuperSearch to find the files again, then Right click -> Leech specify and pointed to a SHORTER folder name.

(For some reason the download location could not bechanged once the error was thrown, therefore I had to search for the files again.)

So I guess at least my issue can be considered FIXED!

But in the future it would be nice to have a proper error message .. at least in the log.

enderw

Re: Repair / Extract still hangs when reassembling files larger than 2 GB

Post by enderw »

tp92891 wrote:Beta 11 still has the bug in Repair / Extract causing reassembly of single files larger than 2 GB (file size as opposed to download size) to fail. To be clear, these files are not stored in .RAR-files but are split like .001, 002, etc.
I get this often. Even with v3.9, I experience the same problem. I dont mind killing the app, but as with you, i lose the queue, RnE state and everything. Really annoying..

I am on WinXP

RaymondT13

Collection Search

Post by RaymondT13 »

Would it be possible to allow the Search function in the Download Queue to find matches inside a collection?

Spoor12B

Post by Spoor12B »

The latest beta's keep a file in a directory with a name containing: "newsleecher download - do not delete".

However, this file remains locked by Newsleecher after the download and extraction have finished. So now I have to close Newsleecher if I want to move this directory.

Can a new revision please delete this file after all the processing for that download has been completed?

Thanks!