NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 12

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 12

Post by Spiril »

Please post your questions / comments regarding NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 12 in this forum thread.
Last edited by Spiril on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

forumhound

The Link on the download page is for Beta 11 !!

Post by forumhound »

The Link on the download page is for Beta 11 !!
forumhound

platinuma

Post by platinuma »

Yepp that's beta 11 Download !!!!!!!!

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Fixed!
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

doc-f

Post by doc-f »

still getting v4.0 beta 11

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech »

Just installed beta 12 and noticing something rather odd...

As each chunk of the download saves, the figures in the task bar showing the number of parts left and the estimated time left for download appear to show a VERY large number as each chunk is downloaded and saved to disk.

It doesn't appear to cause any problems or stop the download, but it definitely draws the eye as it briefly jumps to this very large number :?

Peweiss

Post by Peweiss »

Hi,

that annoying bug that the sorting ist messed up when you select an article subjects filter is still there.

Although compared to Beta 11 it now only seems to need 1 Click on the "Age" column to re-establish sort order - while before it sometimes needed 3 clicks.

Way to reproduce:
- Get some fresh headers with no article filter selected and articles sorted by age column. New headers end up on top like they should.
- Select an article filter
- Sortorder gets messed up (it seems "just" to be reversed now, while before it seemed to show old headers in reverse order first and then the new ones below that in correct order)

Hope that can be fixed for the next version finally ...

Thanks - Peter

vandiemen007

Post by vandiemen007 »

I have this error in the log:

3:20:01 PM ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 007FD722 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000

It is stuck trying to auto-unrar or verify a file.

EDIT - Got it to work so far...deleted the items from the auto-unrar queue and added them again. works now

Peweiss

Post by Peweiss »

Hi,

Repair&Extract seems to be broken in that release. I´m also getting the same error every second, when repair&extract is enabled:

00:00:24 ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 007FD722 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000
00:00:25 ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 007FD722 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000

When stopping repair&extract the error stops.

When the error shows the repair&extract shows "Ready to verify".

Restarted NL twice without success. Had no such problem with Beta 11.

Regards - Peter

desiredfx

Disconnects When saving to temp file

Post by desiredfx »

Running windows7 64bit
I am getting an error every so often That newsleecher has disconnected cause it could not Save the temp file etc..
Edit to add img of error,
Here is the screenShot
Last edited by desiredfx on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

jurbAs

Re: Disconnects When saving to temp file

Post by jurbAs »

desiredfx wrote:Running windows7 64bit
I am getting an error every so often That newsleecher has disconnected cause it could not Save the temp file etc..

i have same problem

kublai

Post by kublai »

Thanks for re-enabling the ablility to change download destination in queue. Everything is running smooth as silk.

LaRock

Post by LaRock »

'*: For easier management and better overview, temporary download
files are now placed in separate folder(s), specifically made
for the temporary files. When downloads are completed,
NewsLeecher will automatically cleanup the folders. '

This doesn't seem to be working. The !! temp !! files are still being created in the same folder as the files when doing a ctrl-Y leech and still fails if that location is to a network drive.

dilldan

Post by dilldan »

Same here, and it doesn't retry so it completely stops downloading. How is that useful?

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Could you send me a PM with a copy / paste of the NewsLeecher screen log, so I can see exactly what error msg you get?