Stop the featureflood fix the bugs...

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
jurgen2005

Stop the featureflood fix the bugs...

Post by jurgen2005 »

This bug has been around for as long as I know Newsleecher. Both in the beta and the stable builds.
Every time you click a post in the supersearch tab you get this error message:

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0056D2CC in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 0000000D

calvin_42

Post by calvin_42 »

I agree this bug is very annoying.

jurgen2005

Post by jurgen2005 »

this could only mean 3 things

1) bug cannot be fixed
2) programmer does not care
3 )programmer does not know how to fix it

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Since this isn't a problem that everyone has and that we can't reproduce it, it makes it very difficult to track down and fix. Most likely there is something you have installed on your system that is conflicting.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

govgeek

Post by govgeek »

To reproduce:

Install Windows 7 64bit
Install Newsleecher
Using supersearch click on the check boxes for a few files to download, and after a one or two selections, error will then occur with every box selected

This has occured with all three of my win 7 64 bit installs.

newsman

Post by newsman »

hmmm. :roll:

ennex

yep

Post by ennex »

Same setup here:

Clean install of Win 7 64-bit and same error.

NX

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Thanks for the details. I will pass this along to Spiril.
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

pzam

Post by pzam »

if they fix the bugs then they cannot keep delaying the version to get more new payments. I paid 2 years so far expecting a version with header acceleration that worked they are still puttering around avoiding putting out a just a basic version that works before putting all the stuff on it.

Now with that date bug none of the version 4 is usable before may. Now I cannot get headers any longer unless I am forced to again send in more money for a program that still has the same bug and still only on the same final it was 2 years ago.

the doctor

Post by the doctor »

This bug has been around for as long as I know Newsleecher. Both in the beta and the stable builds.
Every time you click a post in the supersearch tab you get this error message:

Bug Data1:
BGEXP_1234

Bug Data2:
Access violation at address 0056D2CC in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 0000000D
govgeek wrote:To reproduce:

Install Windows 7 64bit
Install Newsleecher
Using supersearch click on the check boxes for a few files to download, and after a one or two selections, error will then occur with every box selected

This has occured with all three of my win 7 64 bit installs.
I have Windows 7 64 bit installed and I just tried the senarios described in this thread.

NL worked without a problem and without error messages.

Is there anything you are doing you have not mentioned.

jurgen2005

Post by jurgen2005 »

the doctor wrote: Is there anything you are doing you have not mentioned.
I think there's a lot he has been doing without mentioning :lol:

jurgen2005

Post by jurgen2005 »

Thought I'd bump this one up, any news on the:
Bug Data1:BGEXP_1234
Bug Data2:
problem?

this one is a real keeper is it not?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Not sure if Spiril has been able to reproduce it. Personally I've installed Win7 64 and don't have this issue.

jsco

Post by jsco »

Is there some type of logging information or something we can provide to help you track down this bug?

Digitoxin

Post by Digitoxin »

Same bug. I happend when I was using Windows XP and now occurs on my Windows 7 64-bit install. It is not consistent. I cannot reproduce it 100% of the time, but it happens once in a while when I click on checkboxes on the supersearch screen. Once it happens once, it will tend to happen on almost every click.