NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 17

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Smudge
Site Admin

NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 17

Post by Smudge » Tue May 04, 2010 2:06 am

Post new issues with 4.0 beta 17 here please.
Last edited by Smudge on Sat May 29, 2010 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

newsman

Post by newsman » Tue May 04, 2010 2:54 am

Things look better and show up. But from ss window when export an nzb I was presented with an error.

Error says "unknown sender Please report to author." Don't know if it is my fault/files.

slobster

Post by slobster » Tue May 04, 2010 4:17 am

Spiril, Many Thanks for the very quick fix. I'm a happy News Leecher again. Chin up and keep up the good work.

pzam

Post by pzam » Tue May 04, 2010 5:22 am

oh goodie now it says my program expired to send more money.

I tried going back to 4b11 it still had the date bug.

I suspect all version 4 have it and anyone that license expires will run into this problem.

Anyone guess if this bug was there for a reason?

bballuk

Post by bballuk » Tue May 04, 2010 10:06 am

Everything working like it should be for me no problem with license.

but i do have same problem exporting NZB's from SS see image below.

@newsman did you installed the new beta over the old files and not uninstall the old NL?

because thats what i did and i just wanted to know if that could of caused it.

thanks for any help.

Marilith

Unknown sender ... - see post above

Post by Marilith » Tue May 04, 2010 11:59 am

Same issue here: Click on an entry in SS (entry is a set) and SS fetches the headers, but when it is about to store to NZB, the message

Unknown sender (546). Please report to author.

pops up and no NZB is stored.

If I open the set (+) and select the individual contents of the set, it seems to work.

Version is Beta 17 (Release Candiate 4) from official download page.

Does not inspire confidence somehow...

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue May 04, 2010 4:15 pm

newsman wrote:Things look better and show up. But from ss window when export an nzb I was presented with an error.

Error says "unknown sender Please report to author." Don't know if it is my fault/files.
This unofficial test version should solve that prob:

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl40018.uft.1.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

bballuk

Post by bballuk » Tue May 04, 2010 5:05 pm

thanks for the update fixed the problem with nzb export.

Another problem i forgot about intill just is this.
When RnE is extract a set of rars if i click STOP or close NL before its finish it will delete the rar files and leave me with a half extract corrupt file whats useless so i have to re download all the rars again just to re-extract them so it not corrupt.

is this a bug or is it because im forceing it to stop ? but i thought NL would let you close the app intill its finished if its going to do that.

UnitedPirate

Post by UnitedPirate » Tue May 04, 2010 5:44 pm

I have a problem with the new beta. As soon as I hit connect, the app just disappears. No saving of any settings, etc.

I tried uninstalling newsleecher, deleting the newsleecher folder in Application Data and reinstalling 3.9 final and I could connect and download. Installing the beta again reproduced the problem. I deleted the the folder in app data again and changed no setting or added servers but it still closes on connect. :?

I have enabled both logging features enabled but cannot find the location of the actual logs.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

gkar

Post by gkar » Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 pm

all my subscribed groups have reset!

getting a little fed up of constant new features when current features still appear to be bugged. Draw a line under the development of new features and get a fully working RC version out. My subscribtion is coming up soon and am looking at other programs had enough of this constant adding of new features.

bballuk

Post by bballuk » Tue May 04, 2010 8:03 pm

i dont know if it my news provider or not but i cant seem to get a download speed it just 0.0 kb/s anyone else had a problem im with Astraweb.

the doctor

Not happening here

Post by the doctor » Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

bballuk wrote:i dont know if it my news provider or not but i cant seem to get a download speed it just 0.0 kb/s anyone else had a problem im with Astraweb.
Speed is displaying fine for me - Astraweb

Pfylip

Post by Pfylip » Tue May 04, 2010 9:10 pm

Is there any chance of getting R&E to report when rars are corrupt (but the pars verified OK because the poster made them with corrupt rars) and continue unrarring and not delete the files if you have that option enabled, as I reported here viewtopic.php?t=20483

I would like to have R&E delete files on successful extraction, but I don't feel safe doing that with it like it is. It deletes the files as long as the pars verified ok and doesn't notify the user of the corrupt rar.

bballuk

Post by bballuk » Tue May 04, 2010 10:38 pm

@the doctor thanks for the reply it must be my ISP restricting me after 6-12 at night like normal i try again later.

it should sort it self out if im right.

hello55060

Post by hello55060 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:36 am

getting problems when I grab the latest headers there are always no articles inside the group I just grabbed the headers for.

works fine on 4.16 beta but obviously because of the whole date issue not ideal using that.