NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 17

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
mi643

Post by mi643 »

Is there a way to get a warning before deleting a item from the queue?
Is there a way to let 'leech specify' trace the group where the subject is in.
Is there a way to change the background color of the queue?

Btw, i'm using the beta 18.

Greetz

pzam

Post by pzam »

notify on new version or beta needs to be moved to the connection tab.
That is where it belongs it happens during connection.

interface if for screen key sound ..

I had to turn it off since your date bug ruined the program for me so I cannot use it.

Lynkk

Post by Lynkk »

UnitedPirate wrote:I have a problem with the new beta. As soon as I hit connect, the app just disappears. No saving of any settings, etc.

I tried uninstalling newsleecher, deleting the newsleecher folder in Application Data and reinstalling 3.9 final and I could connect and download. Installing the beta again reproduced the problem. I deleted the the folder in app data again and changed no setting or added servers but it still closes on connect. :?

I have enabled both logging features enabled but cannot find the location of the actual logs.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
I have the exact same problem. The application opens normally but once I click connect or update group, it crashes without any errors, I'm just back on the desktop

:shock: :(

blindguy

Post by blindguy »

So my yearly purchase has expired but it's been over a year with out a stable release. I can't stand using the last beta released before my license expired due to all the bugs associated with it.

Can we ever expect a stable version of newsleecher?

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

mi643 wrote:Is there a way to get a warning before deleting a item from the queue?
That is the default operation. To Re-enable that confirmation, go to Settings>Interface, click the "Reset - Never Show This Dialog Again - Flags" button at the bottom.
mi643 wrote:Is there a way to change the background color of the queue?
Settings>Adv. Nerdy Tweaks, There are 5 items starting with "Article Color". Those are the ones you want to change. Most items in the queue will be in the color named "Article Color New".

Swordfish

Post by Swordfish »

I just installed the latest beta and my severs and set-up info have disappeared. The ini files is correct and the data is where it should be. Any ideas.

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

Swordfish wrote:I just installed the latest beta and my severs and set-up info have disappeared. The ini files is correct and the data is where it should be. Any ideas.
Did you upgrade from 3.9? V4 uses completely different setting and cache formats, they do not transfer over from previous versions.

DjoeN

Post by DjoeN »

Nevermind, i must have overlooked the solution on the first page :D

mi643

Post by mi643 »

@Quaraxkad

I have reset the interface, it doesn't work. i don't get a warning before deleting.

I mean the Green back color in the Queue, Where can i change that?

Thanks.

Quaraxkad

Post by Quaraxkad »

mi643 wrote:I have reset the interface, it doesn't work. i don't get a warning before deleting.
Don't know what to suggest, it works fine for me.
mi643 wrote:I mean the Green back color in the Queue, Where can i change that?
That's the one I'm talking about. It uses the same color for group articles and the queue. If you were looking to change the color only in the queue, can't do it.

mi643

Post by mi643 »

Thanks... going back to the 3 serie and hope 5 will be better

Peweiss

Post by Peweiss »

Hi again,

one more bug:
When NL has to show severel error popups (like: "Could not connect ... due too many connections") and the first popup is not acted upon directly then after closing the first popup NL can´t be minimized anymore.

I suspect there might be more popups hidden behind the main windows - but they are not accessible. All you can do is close NL and restart it.

Regards - Peter

PS: Overall I´m happy with NL v 4 - just I would like to see the bugs that linger around for several betas (like the not deleted temp folders) to get fixed before new features with new bugs get introduced ... I did not expect new features for a beta version that is even called "RCx" ... anyway - keep fixing :-)

Marilith

Folder 'newsleecher temporary' not deleted and error in download

Post by Marilith »

Release Beta 17

If I download any file twice, then NL tries to rename the second copy with .1, i.e.
original file car_audi.jpg
new file car_audi.1.jpg

The second copy is sometimes unreadable (error in JPG header) and NL does not delete its silly folder. (In the case where I found this, I had a file downloaded thrice, i.e. there were several files duplicated, one of them twice ('.2')).

Again - please do not use this folder in my folder structure. Use your own configurable folder location, not my folders, where usable data resides...

Marilith

About the possibilty to 'preview' large downloads

Post by Marilith »

Another pet peeve of mine with the new download mechanism:

If I have a large binary post, for example a movie clip (abc.avi), posted not in parts, but as one file (i.e. no set in NL, there is only one file), then sometimes I want to download and look at the first few MB of the movie clip. (Several movie players support this, including VLC player).

Earlier versions of NL: I paused the download, fetched the parts from NLs temporary folder, concatenated them, renamed them to test.avi or similar, and could play it. This is impossible now, since NL makes only one file, correct (end) size, and this cannot be opened for reading.

I do not know if many people use such tricks, and it is no error, but to look at a partial download is practical. Could we do something? At least allow opening the NL file for _reading only_ (Windows supports this), you could not move or delete the file, but read it and even copy it to another location. So it would remain undamaged for further download but could be viewed in another location.

Post by 9153465743 »

1- Can the button to hide "news stand" pane come back?
I like to use this space for the Newsleecher log window.

2- Newsleecher is using OpenSSL for the SSL connections.
The version of the files "libeay32.dll" and "ssleay32.dll" is 0.9.8.4.

OpenSSL has released multiple updates and the current version is 1.0.0.
Can the last version (including important bug and security fixes) of OpenSSL be added to the next release?