NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 21 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
brittanystan

"An Error has ocured while loading importsxe"

Post by brittanystan »

Another user with the "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe" problem under XP sp3. Beta 20 works fine.

TimeLordCat

Re: An Error has occured while loading importsxe

Post by TimeLordCat »

potestus wrote:
wintry.showers wrote:Howdy,
since upgrading from b20 to b21 I only get a popup window with the message "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe" (See image), thats all NL won't start at all!

Cheers,
Wintry
I get exactly the same on XP sp3.

I went back to beta 20 and started OK.
Same here didn't even get the error message nothing ... went back to beta 20

Lenster

NL Not terminating

Post by Lenster »

When I terminate NL Beta 21 after downloading headers, the GUI closes, but the process does not end. A look in Process Explorer show Newsleecher using 25% CPU which is 1 whole core of my 4 core processor.
I am unable to start NL again until I kill the process using Process Explorer.

Windows 7 X64
Len

jayw654

Post by jayw654 »

First off this is still a beta when old bugs are fixed new ones are likely to be created because of it, this just comes with the territory. GET OVER IT!

Next one person wrote about a high resource usage which i did not experience but did I did notice that when i was using my i7 core notebook processor that newsleecher seem to favor the 1st and 2nd core and wasn't any activity on the 3rd and 4th core.

In everyone's defense the writer has a lot of work to do catching up on lost time, but he did that to himself for whatever reason. However, a long as he's trying and working hard to fix bugs a least give him a chance to do so. I still feel he should extend everyone's license by 3 months for being gone for so long.

Lebowski

Post by Lebowski »

This is the error message I get after updating to b21:

---------------------------
NewsLeecher - NewsLeecher.com
An Error has ocurred while loading importsxe
OK

I guess I should revert back to b20

Om_Audio

Post by Om_Audio »

Another user with the "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe"

error on Win XP sp3 32bit
no error on Win7 starter 32bit (netbook)
Last edited by Om_Audio on Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Delerium_76

Re: An Error has ocurred while loading importsxe

Post by Delerium_76 »

fnakfhe wrote:hey man,

i have been a user for over 5 years now.

i always pay my bill,

your version of NOT beta is fraKKing old man, i keep useing it from back from the 15 May 2008,

so today was thinking why dont i try your beta, and i install the new beta 21.

what the fraK, what is this man no fraKKing update in over 2 fraKKing years?

i mean exuce my fraKKing language but what the fraK man,

i get "An Error has ocurred while loading importsxe"

it fraKKing goes to show that you did not even spell occurred correctly, you used only one C instead of CC.

anyway get your fraKKing sTuff together if you think that i will stay with this fraKKing sTuff for another 5 years you fraKKing wrong asshole.

Thank you kindly,

Have a nice day.
I find it ironic when someone who has horrible grammar and spelling picks on someone else for the same thing. (exuce? it is spelled excuse.)

Spelling and grammar aside, try beta 20. It's about 4 months old, but it doesn't have the bug you describe.

As for beta 21, it was just released TODAY. It's the first update to beta in over 4 months. Spiril started working on newsleecher again, so hopefully this current bug in beta 21 will get fixed in a timely manner. However, when beta 21 isn't even 24 hours old it is unrealistic to expect an instant fix. Give the guy time to actually fix the bugs. Don't worry, I'm sure he's working on it.

jayw654

Post by jayw654 »

Om_Audio wrote:Another user with the "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe"
Maybe it would be relevant for everyone to post what operating system they are using and if its 32 bit or 64 bit. I'm on win 7 pro x64 and i can't reproduce the error that everyone is claiming they are having.

NeonKnite

Post by NeonKnite »

Getting the same "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe" error.

What a bunch of horse sTuff.

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

NeonKnite wrote:Getting the same "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe" error.

I'm sure the developer will appreciate your very helpful problem report.

and now for something a bit more helpful. The b21 version worked fine on my Win7 Pro x64 version but got the error on my XP SP3 x86 system. Anyone having this importsxe error that is NOT using XP?

jayw654

Post by jayw654 »

Spyder wrote:
NeonKnite wrote:Getting the same "An Error has ocured while loading importsxe" error.

The b21 version worked fine on my Win7 Pro x64 version but got the error on my XP SP3 x86 system.
This is what I thought it seems to be OS related or at least 32 bit related. I say screw the XP users time to move on anyway! J/K, mostly anyhow.

jantje2

Post by jantje2 »

Xp over here and the same problem.
@jayw654 not so easy as it seems, having a lot of problem when doing so.

lakofka

Importsxe Error too

Post by lakofka »

Hi, I get the same problem on Windows Server 2003 (Windows Home Server version 1). Which is 32-bit and an XP generation OS, so maybe there's a connection there.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

I think we got the problem that prevents the latest beta of NewsLeecher from launching properly under older systems (XP, Windows 2003, etc.) solved.

If you can't launch NewsLeecher v4.0 Beta 21, try this unofficial test instead:

http://www.newsleecher.com/40022ufc1.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Norsk

Post by Norsk »

Eraserhead wrote:Well I know this is not very helpful, since it's not very specific, but Beta 21 also freezes randomly when NL does not have focus.
I can confirm this!

regards