NewsLeecher V4.0 Beta 22 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Legion303

Post by Legion303 »

It looks like b22 completely ruined my d/l queue, under WinXP SP3. I cannot restart files that are paused; b22 changes status to "queued" but they never start downloading. The only way I can get the download is to remove and re-add the files. I have a lot of paused files in my queue.

-steve

Downstream

Post by Downstream »

grimlock72 wrote:Help -> About says I have a yearly license which expires dec-2010. But I just got myself a monthly (rebilling, which is good for lazy people like myself;-) sub/license ?
Your monthly license ends every month. So I think the info is fine.

Dibbler

Post by Dibbler »

This latest build either crashes when I press exit with...

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: newsLeecher.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4cdabd64
Fault Module Name: newsLeecher.exe
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cdabd64
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00005a9a
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 700c
Additional Information 2: 700cd9bda2fcdbb4b35a0f20b3a2e896
Additional Information 3: ce95
Additional Information 4: ce95283fcdc407b797370f0c0a8a93b3

or it consumes a lot of CPU processing time (50% plus) or it will just "pause" and stop its download even though there are files to download, this can be resolved for a little while by exiting NL and restarting it.

The above issues are not happening each and every time but enough for it to be a problem.

This is a new build of Windows 7x64 and everything else is totally stable and working fine. Beta 20 (which we had for a very long time) seemed to work fine without any of the above issues for me.

dstanley

Post by dstanley »

Something I have noticed and don't see any adjustment is the time it takes for the 'Auto Import *.nzb' to scan a folder.
I upload my NZB's to a private ftp that has my monitored NZB folder in it.
Using CuteFTP all the previous versions would let CuteFTP finish the upload before 'grabbing' the file but this latest beta seems to grab and move the file before the ftp program has reported it as being finished uploading. So Cute just hangs with what it thinks is an uncompleted upload but Newsleecher has already moved and started downloading it.
I don't know if this makes sense - hopefully you get the idea.
Is there a 'tweak' somewhere that I could use to have Newsleecher scan the nzb folder every * minutes!?
Thanks for a great program!

grimlock72

Post by grimlock72 »

dstanley wrote:Is there a 'tweak' somewhere that I could use to have Newsleecher scan the nzb folder every * minutes!?
That wouldn't solve your problem, just increase the odds of it working :) You want to upload nzb files with a temporary/different extension and rename them once they're five minutes old.

Or NL could only 'pick up' files which are at least 2 minutes old on auto-import.

bweb

Same thing with Win 7

Post by bweb »

Legion303 wrote:It looks like b22 completely ruined my d/l queue, under WinXP SP3. I cannot restart files that are paused; b22 changes status to "queued" but they never start downloading. The only way I can get the download is to remove and re-add the files. I have a lot of paused files in my queue.

-steve
Same thing here with some other twists. D/L queue seems to wiped clean when I did "pause, resume" on the cued files. The files still downloaded, but all cued contents, both grayed out cue and regular cue were wiped out.

Necrosat

Supersearch

Post by Necrosat »

Not sure if this applies to new beta or not.

Just got a message that "Your newsleecher client is too old for supersearch, please upgrade...."

I paid for the supersearch functionality, but with all the bugs I've been hearing about with b22, I do not want to upgrade yet.

Does this also impact users who are not using beta releases?

Seems like you are forcing us to participate in a beta program whether we want to or not.
Last edited by Necrosat on Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Francois20001

Lost all the information

Post by Francois20001 »

Install B22 and everything was wiped out ... account info, groups queue repair info ... when are we going to have a backup system worth talking about .. that is getting old

Francois20001

Post by Francois20001 »

Forgot to add .... Super search locks up the program when you try to search .. and you can't go back to B21 since the search engine was upgraded ....

sf49er

Post by sf49er »

i keep getting stuck on the ready to verfy phase in the repair/extract...looking closer it keeps saying broken par2 file one verything even though i know its not broken. happened on last release as well and is happening on .23 release, .20 was last workingrelease for me.

anyone else with this issue?

Desso

Post by Desso »

I am a paying member of newsleecher with supersearch and have asked about no icons showing up in the preview pane a few times. The only thing that shows up are jpg thumbnails and blank white icons. Am I missing a setting or something? PLEASE HELP. This is annoying. Latest beta and win 7 64bit.
thanks so much!!

Downstream

Re: Supersearch

Post by Downstream »

Necrosat wrote:Not sure if this applies to new beta or not.
I paid for the supersearch functionality, but with all the bugs I've been hearing about with b22, I do not want to upgrade yet.

Does this also impact users who are not using beta releases?

Seems like you are forcing us to participate in a beta program whether we want to or not.
You can still use v3.9.
But that still works with teh old 270 day SS.
So I think that means you are forced :?