Beta 22 - RandE no longer works

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
jericko

Beta 22 - RandE no longer works

Post by jericko »

I am on Win 7 64bit and Beta 22 - RandE does not work. I uninstalled and went back to Beta 19 and it worked, upgraded and Beta 22 RandE again does not work.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Can you give more information besides "it doesn't work". What do you see? What is listed in the log? Do you have all 4 checkboxes enabled at the top of the RnE window?
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

eriji

Post by eriji »

I had the same problem with the new beta.

All boxes checked, sometimes repair is unchecked.

when there is repair necessary, then on the previous beta, it would most often get into a loop and never do the repair, so I started unchecking the repair box, and then all the ok ones worked fine. Just had to manually repair with Quickpar the ones needed it.

now, it just was not extracting and deleting the files as it has done in the past on the ones that did not repair. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then realized it just wasn't doing it. I can't say if it was checking for integrity or not.

All I can tell you for sure atm is that since the upgrade to latest beta, it hasn't extracted any downloads at all.

Mostly I guess, repair is not checked. But all the ones I've noticed for sure didn't get extracted DID NOT need repair, and the previous beta20 would have extracted them just fine.

jericko

Post by jericko »

eriji wrote:I had the same problem with the new beta.

All boxes checked, sometimes repair is unchecked.

when there is repair necessary, then on the previous beta, it would most often get into a loop and never do the repair, so I started unchecking the repair box, and then all the ok ones worked fine. Just had to manually repair with Quickpar the ones needed it.

now, it just was not extracting and deleting the files as it has done in the past on the ones that did not repair. At first I thought it was my imagination, but then realized it just wasn't doing it. I can't say if it was checking for integrity or not.

All I can tell you for sure atm is that since the upgrade to latest beta, it hasn't extracted any downloads at all.

Mostly I guess, repair is not checked. But all the ones I've noticed for sure didn't get extracted DID NOT need repair, and the previous beta20 would have extracted them just fine.
I have all 4 boxes checked. The file will say "initializing" in gray and nothing happens. When I manually check the files, they do not need repairing, just unraring.