NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 1 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Eraserhead

NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 1 issues

Post by Eraserhead » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:30 am

Drag and Drop of par2 files to the "Repair'n'Extract Drag and Drop Bar" in tab "Explorer" is broken. The bar is not a drop target any more.

And I have to say: I like new features as much as the next guy, but before starting on NL 5 there are still serious bugs in NL 4 which should be fixed first. Like NL freezing during par2 checks (mostly when it's minimized).

Still, since multi tabbed super search looks almost exactly like chrome, I'd expect CTRL+W to close a tab like in every modern browser

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: NL 5.0 B1

Post by Spiril » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:15 pm

Eraserhead wrote:Drag and Drop of par2 files to the "Repair'n'Extract Drag and Drop Bar" in tab "Explorer" is broken. The bar is not a drop target any more.

Still, since multi tabbed super search looks almost exactly like chrome, I'd expect CTRL+W to close a tab like in every modern browser
That'll be implemented for the next beta release. I'll also make Ctrl+T open a new tab, like it does in Chrome.
Eraserhead wrote:And I have to say: I like new features as much as the next guy, but before starting on NL 5 there are still serious bugs in NL 4 which should be fixed first. Like NL freezing during par2 checks (mostly when it's minimized).
Let me know if you can reproduce the freeze bug in V5. I've changed some code, that *might* have fixed the bug, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

JMark

Post by JMark » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:14 am

Navigation panel does not close

JMark

Post by JMark » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:17 am

Cleanup window remains on top of all windows, including those of different apps. I suspect this is related to the update groups priority issue I have reported for years and remains unresolved up to 4.0.

Post by 9153465743 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:09 am

queue tab: NZB "Drag and drop" isn't working.

Eraserhead

Re: NL 5.0 B1

Post by Eraserhead » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:57 am

Spiril wrote:Let me know if you can reproduce the freeze bug in V5. I've changed some code, that *might* have fixed the bug, but I'm not 100% sure yet.
V5 froze 2 times yesterday like before. Then it ran without problems for 4 hours... I can see how this is a hard one to track down.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:19 am

So far I haven't actually been having any problems with beta 1, and that's a good thing.

There's some minor missing functionality that I'm sure will be addressed, but for what I need NL for it's been working without problem..

Arsby

Post by Arsby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:49 am

When you use the search result filter you don't get a count anywhere of how many search results are left after you enter terms into the filter box.
This is the only annoying thing about beta 1 that I found after a day of use.

Arsby

HELP - Problem with connection panel

Post by Arsby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:41 pm

Help!!

I normally have the connections panel set to show the individual connections (4 for one server, 2 for the other).

I noticed the new right-click option to put in into "image preview" mode or something like that, so I tried it out of curiosity.

Now I can't put it back to showing the individual connections. This is a really bad problem for me, because I'm often downloading very old messages and the connections hang. Now I have no way to reset them. I tried right-clicking, left-clicking and middle-clicking all over the pane and can't figure out how to pause or reset a connection.

Help!!

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:18 pm

The button to switch back hasn't been added into the beta 1 release. It should be available in beta 2. To get the connection window back, you will need reset the setup.dat configuration file. Hold down F12 while starting the application and choose not to load your setup.dat file. NewsLeecher will then start with default settings. Set it up again and quit NewsLeecher to save the new settings to your setup.dat file.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Arsby

Post by Arsby » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:57 pm

Hmmmm. Should I try to follow your instructions or wait for Beta 2. I'm thinking, I'm thinking!

Just kidding. I followed your instructions and all is copacetic.

Thanks very much for your very prompt response, Smudge. :D

Myg

Post by Myg » Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:26 pm

On Queue-Tab, if i click on 'Go to folder', then i am in "Explorer Tab", but "Queue-tab" is highlightened, and not "explorer tab"

i hope you understand me... :)

rahsite

Post by rahsite » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:17 pm

For me the RnE isn't working anymore with the Beta. It is initializing files and it starts to verify, but then hangs. When I try to extract, it says "Could not extract set".

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm extracting onto a mediabox over the (home)network.

The setting are the same as before and the rest works fine.
When I go back to 4.0 final, the RnE works fine again.

I've tried to install the Beta twice more, to see if I could recreate the problem. It was both times the same as the first, no RnE.
User: There are bugs in this program!
Developer: *sigh* Those aint no bugs, it are features.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Myg wrote:On Queue-Tab, if i click on 'Go to folder', then i am in "Explorer Tab", but "Queue-tab" is highlightened, and not "explorer tab"
Confirmed. The highlighted tab doesn't change when using the "Go to folder" contextual menu option.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Arsby

Post by Arsby » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:04 am

rahsite wrote:For me the RnE isn't working anymore with the Beta. It is initializing files and it starts to verify, but then hangs. When I try to extract, it says "Could not extract set".

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm extracting onto a mediabox over the (home)network.

The setting are the same as before and the rest works fine.
When I go back to 4.0 final, the RnE works fine again.

I've tried to install the Beta twice more, to see if I could recreate the problem. It was both times the same as the first, no RnE.
I have a straight up home wireless network and RnE has successfully extracted several dozen videos for me since I moved to Beta 1. I had one hang problem with a .001/.002-type extraction of a large file, but that was it. If anything, for me the Beta 1 version of RnE is more stable than in 4.0. I think there's new functionality that it will automatically unpause par2's if there are missing parts. If it works, that will be awesome.