Articles Filter in 5.0b2

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
mook

Articles Filter in 5.0b2

Post by mook » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:26 pm

i dont see it. i want to see articles over 1000kb. its not apparent if its there. please advise.

TifKag

Re: Articles Filter in 5.0b2

Post by TifKag » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:36 pm

mook wrote:i dont see it. i want to see articles over 1000kb. its not apparent if its there. please advise.
Open Supersearch entry field --> Advanced Searching

mook

Re: Articles Filter in 5.0b2

Post by mook » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:17 pm

TifKag wrote:
mook wrote:i dont see it. i want to see articles over 1000kb. its not apparent if its there. please advise.
Open Supersearch entry field --> Advanced Searching
dont know how. never had to use. :(

snoeki

Post by snoeki » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 pm

yes, it is gone?

I used it a lot, please give us back this option.

JMark

Post by JMark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:55 pm

If this thread is about the articles filter in Group browsing (not Supersearch,) then yes, please bring it back. I depend on looking at one or two days at a time and trimming down the list of headers to those I want to keep.

the doctor

Article Filters

Post by the doctor » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:10 am

IT IS NOT GONE

1. Click the Supersearch entry field (or in Articles Tab - Filter entry field) drop down arrow (right side of entry box),

2. Click on the "Advanced Searching" item, which is located at the bottom of the list of currently saved searches/filters in the drop down list.

When there are a large number of entries in the drop down list the "Advanced Searching" item does not show until the drop down list is scrolled to the end.

JMark

Re: Article Filters

Post by JMark » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:03 am

the doctor wrote:IT IS NOT GONE

1. Click the Supersearch entry field (or in Articles Tab - Filter entry field) drop down arrow (right side of entry box),

2. Click on the "Advanced Searching" item, which is located at the bottom of the list of currently saved searches/filters in the drop down list.

When there are a large number of entries in the drop down list the "Advanced Searching" item does not show until the drop down list is scrolled to the end.
I think this thread is about Subscribed Group Articles, not Supersearch.

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 am

The Advanced Search option screen is available in the Articles page as well. Please see The Doctor's post that details the new search options.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

JMark

Post by JMark » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 am

Smudge wrote:The Advanced Search option screen is available in the Articles page as well. Please see The Doctor's post that details the new search options.
Got it. A bit awkward, but it's still accessible. thanks

Lord Crc

Post by Lord Crc » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:34 am

Smudge wrote:The Advanced Search option screen is available in the Articles page as well. Please see The Doctor's post that details the new search options.
Seems I'll be staying on v4 for some time then...

jbresn

Post by jbresn » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Moving the "Advanced Searching" to the new location is not that big of a deal, however, it would be nice if if could be moved to be at the top and then you can scroll.

unfrostedpoptart

Post by unfrostedpoptart » Wed May 11, 2011 2:14 am

OK. Either I'm clueless or NL is missing major features. Lately, there have been a billion posts of passworded rar files. I'm trying to filter these out of SS searches. They are all from poster Yenc@power-post.org* so I tried Poster:-Yenc@power-post.org and it filters out everything! I also tried -Poster:Yenc@power-post.org which filters out nothing. How do I get it to filter out any poster containing a substring?

Alternatively, all the posts have subjects that end in .rar" How can I anchor searches to the end of the subject? I need $ regular expression.

Please tell me how to get one of both of these to work!!!

David