NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 4 issues.

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
kublai

NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 4 issues.

Post by kublai » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm still not able to export any nzb from super search.

Eraserhead

Post by Eraserhead » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:34 pm

I can confirm this.

shalom2005

Post by shalom2005 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:23 am

I'm still waiting for a dragable search & filter box. (I find the search box is too small!)

Steven
Best Regards

Steven from Chigwell, Essex

djkrysr

Unable to update groups, process won't shut down

Post by djkrysr » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:54 pm

My computer - Intel Core i7 870, 4GB Ram - Windows 7 64Bit

After install, i tried to Update "All: Get All New Headers" but the program continually tried connecting on all 20 threads, then would go Offline then all threads would try connecting again, but it never actually connected and updated the groups.
I closed down the program and tried again but same result.

I tried re-installing beta 3 but got an "Access Denied" error writing Newsleacher.exe, when i looked in task manager, i had 2 instances of Newsleecher.exe running with the "memory" + "description" fields blank. I could not end the processes, i got "Access Denied". I logged off then logged back on but the processes where still there so i shut down, but that hanged during shut down (i left it for 5 minutes). I tried this twice, if i didn't run NewsLeecher on startup i could shut down my computer, but if i ran Newleecher, the process would remain and windows wouldn't shut down correctly.

Also, if I "turn off checkboxes" under view settings on the Articles tab, clicking on any group or virtual group does nothing so i can't see articles, even if i "show old".

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:54 am

Yeah NZB exporting still doesn't work and whatever was done to the built-in explorer is terrible. There is some sort of lag now when doing anything within the explorer, from deleting folders to copy and pasting.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:09 am

Here's an actual bug.

Take the vertical height slider for the lower connectons window (where you grab it at the top of the window), and drag it as small as possible. Keep dragging below that.

At a certain point the connectons window/bandwidth graph will POP beneath the status bar (the one with the speed limit and micro bandwidth graph).

When this happens, the *positions* maintain their prior abilities. Which is to say you can now adjust the height of the status bar (which you couldn't before - and frankly wouldn't want to), and you can no longer adjust the height of the connections window.

The only way to correct this (and make it so you can adjust the height of the connections window) is to exit/restart the program.