NL v5B5 Out of Memory and large CPU usage

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
noxiousbob

NL v5B5 Out of Memory and large CPU usage

Post by noxiousbob »

This morning I got up and had an error in Newsleecher that it was out of memory, checking task manager I saw that NL had used up 2gb of memory, I'd give the error report, but nothing was responding.

The queue was not not large, I've had larger ones in the past,and the articles should have finished late last night.

I downloaded a few small items this morning, and my habit is to leave NL sitting in the system tray. I noticed that the computer was rather sluggish, and noticed again that NL was using around 48% of processing power, just being idle, nothing in the queue, nothing being repaired.

PC stats :

Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Sp1
6gb of Ram
E6600 Processor

Core_F

Post by Core_F »

The same thing happend to me twice yesterday.

Newsleecher used about 2gig of RAM and used 25% of my CPU.

Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
4gig RAM
i5 - 4 Cores
··· Logic Is The Faith Of The Future ···

noxiousbob

Post by noxiousbob »

Now it's using 60% and I figured it out it's a bug I reported in the 4.x series in which NL spends forever re-creating something as simple has a NFO file that might be missing during the RNE process, but it actually never creates the file.

Remember take everything NZB's NFO's etc, or RNE will lock up your machine but good.