NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 6 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
the doctor

Sending message

Post by the doctor »

Occaisionally, when an error occurs sending a message and then when retyping and sending a replacement message, the original messge that had the error sends properly and the new message is also sent. Both the original error message and the replacement message are posted resulting in two posts.

cortexia

Download Skip Existing Files NOT working

Post by cortexia »

When downloading a file that already exists in the DL folder, v5.0b6 still downloads the file.

cortexia

Search does not find ANY files in queue

Post by cortexia »

When I search for .par2, or .rar files that have been included in the article grouping, none come up in the search results. In much ealrier versions I could search for par files and move them to the end, or delete them from my queue, searching for them - this is now not possible.

soralte

Post by soralte »

berliner6 wrote: I would hope that anyone who uses a beta would know the difference, and I don't doubt that you do. It's just that you seem to be having major problems because it sounds like this beta neglected Win7. (Like I said, for Vista it's been remarkably stable for me.)
The problem is not related to Win7. I am using Vista and observed the same set of problems. I am guessing it is related to having a large queue. The newsleecher logo sticking like a burn mark in the middle of the screen until the program finally shuts down. I guess this is one of those problems that will never go, such as trying to save the queue on regular intervals regardless of whether you have made a change or not in it.

wissertje

Post by wissertje »

When will the next version be arrived? It is now almost 2 months sins the last beta. :?

Dr. Grinch

Post by Dr. Grinch »

I still cannot get over how flakey the mouse/cursor focus is on the supersearch screen. When I click anywhere up in the top half of the screen, please just put me in the search box, and clear the existing text. As it stands I will click up there (not enough times apparently) and start typing, and next thing I know I'm downloading something I didn't mean to that appeared in the results.
This behaviour has only been present since v5 Beta 3 I believe, but it's incredibly jarring once you're used to something for so long.

OszilloVonGraf

(linux/wine) just updated from beta 3 and nothing works

Post by OszilloVonGraf »

Puh,
I just updated from beta 3 and since then I'm stuck.
Beta 6 simply doesn't start downloading.

And the right mouse button doesn't work. At least it doesn't show a menu.

Can someone tell me where I can find the older beta versions?

I have to get back to a version that works.

gammaburst

NL progress bar visibility breaks tooltips in ImgBurn

Post by gammaburst »

I'm running NL 5.0 Beta 6 and ImgBurn 2.5.5.0 in WinXP SP3. Two quad-core Xeons. Three connections to Giganews. No AV software installed.

I'm seeing a weird interaction between NL's connections Progress bars and ImgBurn's tooltips. If the Progress bars are visible, and if downloads are underway, then ImgBurn's tooltips don't work. If I pause NL's transfers, or if I minimize NL, or if I move NL's window so the Progress bars are completely outside the Windows desktop, then ImgBurn's tooltips immediately begin working again. Covering-up the Progress bars with another window has no effect.

How weird is that!

I wonder if the bug is in NL, or ImgBurn, or Windows, or ???

Arsby

Re: Search does not find ANY files in queue

Post by Arsby »

cortexia wrote:When I search for .par2, or .rar files that have been included in the article grouping, none come up in the search results. In much ealrier versions I could search for par files and move them to the end, or delete them from my queue, searching for them - this is now not possible.
Try using the dot for the individual par2 or individual .rar files.

For instance, when I search "star trek 2x15 .part20" (without quotes) I find what I'm looking for. Similarly "star trek 2x15 .par2" works.

Arsby

Re: (linux/wine) just updated from beta 3 and nothing works

Post by Arsby »

OszilloVonGraf wrote:Puh,
I just updated from beta 3 and since then I'm stuck.
Beta 6 simply doesn't start downloading.

And the right mouse button doesn't work. At least it doesn't show a menu.
Make sure that your settings are correct... go to the manager and make sure your servers are still set up properly.

If they are, you might have downloaded corrupted version, or something may have gone wrong with the install. Try installing again.
OszilloVonGraf wrote:Can someone tell me where I can find the older beta versions?

I have to get back to a version that works.
Here:
http://www.newsleecher.com/old/

aether22

port no longer able to be set!

Post by aether22 »

Hi, I must use a non-standard port to get good (any) speeds.

I see that in this new version there is no longer any option to change the port!

Can you guys please put the port back as a configurable option or give a work around? (show me a file to edit)

Arsby

Re: port no longer able to be set!

Post by Arsby »

aether22 wrote:Hi, I must use a non-standard port to get good (any) speeds.

I see that in this new version there is no longer any option to change the port!

Can you guys please put the port back as a configurable option or give a work around? (show me a file to edit)
Hi, Aether.

Go into Manager, right click on a server, press Edit Server, then mark Show Advanced Settings at the lower left. There's your Port (and priority) setting. You have to do it for each server.

joebloe123

Post by joebloe123 »

NO OPTION TO "UNSUBSCRIBE FROM GROUP" at least as far as I could see!!

This is a huge mistake not putting this in!

I went back to 4.0 because of that.

Get the "unsubscribe from group" option put in Please!

the doctor

@Joebloe123 - unsubscribe group

Post by the doctor »

Manager Tab - Right click on newsgroup for popup menu and select "Unsubscribe Group".

Arsby

Re: @Joebloe123 - unsubscribe group

Post by Arsby »

the doctor wrote:
Manager Tab - Right click on newsgroup for popup menu and select "Unsubscribe Group".
Listen to the good doctor, all your ailments will be cured.

If you get a message that the group can't be unsubscribed when it's being used, right-click on the newsgroup and click Wipe Group Cache, then go back and do as the doctor says.