NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 7 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 7 issues

Post by Spiril » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 pm

Use this thread to write about the issues you have with the NewsLeecher v5.0 Beta 7 release of NewsLeecher.

We'll do what we can to get most issues solved before the final release.
Last edited by Spiril on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Sparwhawk

Search specific group in the new SuperSearch It feature

Post by Sparwhawk » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:38 pm

If I for example want to search the group "alt.binaries.pictures" I get results from every group that have "alt.binaries.pictures" in there name.

Is there a way to only search in the group I specified?

Thanks in advance

kublai

.nzb.zip not auto importing

Post by kublai » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 pm

.nzb.zip files are still not auto importing from auto import directory.

the doctor

Disconnect/reconnect to start download

Post by the doctor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 pm

v5b7

A situation is still occurring occasionally when selecting an article for download, the download does not begin. The article shows in the connections server list but does not do anything.

Have to click the connect button to disconnect then click it again to reconnect and then the article begins downloading.

poohbeer

Post by poohbeer » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm

the new extract destination manager really needs the option for extract to separate subfolder and date and time prefix
1) defined per subject match
2) defined for the non-matches

Eraserhead

Post by Eraserhead » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 am

Hi,
you added SuperSearchIt to the right-click menu but it doesn't do anything (you probably forgot to connect the function, I guess it should open the window like F4).
Also please don't have it on top of the right-click menu, especially not in SuperSearch view - "Leech" should stay first.
Other than that: a handy new feature!

ITMadMan

Specify Groups in Extract Destination Manager

Post by ITMadMan » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm

If possible to implement, I think it would be logical and helpful to specify specific groups for Extract Destination Manager. I extract music files to a "Music" folder. So if I could specify downloads from alt.binaries.lossless or alt.binaries.sounds.lossless or other defined groups extract to this music folder, it would be extremely helpful. Same for other downloads of course, such as TV episodes and such.

kublai

7:19:45 PM ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 100023BC in module '

Post by kublai » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am

First time I got this error with v5b7

7:19:45 PM ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 100023BC in module 'nlpar.dll'. Read of address 00000030

I ried closing NL but as soon as it loaded up again same error.

nevermind

have to re-register twice

Post by nevermind » Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:20 am

Since i've installed the new v5.0 Beta 7 i have to re-register 2 times on startup although i have a valid licence till 3.10.2012

This occours each new day i start newsleecher.

edit: i dont use any reg cleaner or similar software.

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Search specific group in the new SuperSearch It feature

Post by Spiril » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 pm

Sparwhawk wrote:If I for example want to search the group "alt.binaries.pictures" I get results from every group that have "alt.binaries.pictures" in there name.

Is there a way to only search in the group I specified?

Thanks in advance
That's not possible at the moment, but I'm working on implementing it into SuperSearch.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: .nzb.zip not auto importing

Post by Spiril » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:57 pm

kublai wrote:.nzb.zip files are still not auto importing from auto import directory.
I'll make sure it's fixed before the V5.0 final release.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Eraserhead wrote:Hi,
you added SuperSearchIt to the right-click menu but it doesn't do anything (you probably forgot to connect the function, I guess it should open the window like F4).
Yep, I'll hook it up for the next release.
Eraserhead wrote:Also please don't have it on top of the right-click menu, especially not in SuperSearch view - "Leech" should stay first.
Other than that: a handy new feature!
You're right. I'll look into placing the function somewhere else in the popups.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:01 pm

poohbeer wrote:the new extract destination manager really needs the option for extract to separate subfolder and date and time prefix
1) defined per subject match
2) defined for the non-matches
If I understand you correctly, your 2nd point is already implemented right ? ( at the bottom of the Dest. Mgr. dialog )

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Specify Groups in Extract Destination Manager

Post by Spiril » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:02 pm

ITMadMan wrote:If possible to implement, I think it would be logical and helpful to specify specific groups for Extract Destination Manager. I extract music files to a "Music" folder. So if I could specify downloads from alt.binaries.lossless or alt.binaries.sounds.lossless or other defined groups extract to this music folder, it would be extremely helpful. Same for other downloads of course, such as TV episodes and such.
Yea, good idea. That's definitely on my todo.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:04 pm

the doctor wrote:v5b7

A situation is still occurring occasionally when selecting an article for download, the download does not begin. The article shows in the connections server list but does not do anything.

Have to click the connect button to disconnect then click it again to reconnect and then the article begins downloading.
I haven't noticed that myself.

Can you somehow reproduce the problem consistently? Maybe by temporarily disabling some of your servers.

Does the log give any useful info when it happens?