NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 7 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
revlisoft

lost my entire queue

Post by revlisoft » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:39 pm

After downloading for a few days I ran out of space and it paused itself. I exited NL and cleared up some space. Today when I opened it, NL lost my entire queue!

revlisoft

supersearch feature

Post by revlisoft » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:44 pm

any way to specify a blacklist of newgroups or a filter to not include results from certain newgroups when using supersearch?

Clarence

Post by Clarence » Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Sorry I'm German this text was translated with Google.
Until yesterday, I've used the NL 5 Beta 6 with no problems.
Yesterday I Had then NL 5 Beta 7 installed and I get the message that my license has expired.
Enter the experiment with the license again unsuccessful.
Have then the NL version 5 beta 6 installed again and the license has been accepted again.
Then try again to install the NL 5 Beta 7 mistakes again.
I've read anywhere that I need for the NL 5 Beta7 a new license.

Um use Win7 Ultimate

Cornelius

Post by Cornelius » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:20 am

Selecting "Ignore Poster" gave me:
Thread Exception #8177 - Please Report to Author and Restart Newsleecher <Argument out of range>

Note that Ignore Poster has been throwing me asserts as of Beta 6. My list is probably a couple hundred long, and about 1 month ago, I had to wipe out half of the list just to get the dialog to come up. I haven't used the feature much since 1 month ago, but this exception is symptomatic of having a large list.

Downstream

Post by Downstream » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:33 am

NL freezes very often with a large queue.
After each download file RnE checks the whole queue for things to repair. The queue contains 58000 articles.
I think it would be a good idea to let RnE only checks the file set the last download file belongs too.
When MyMovie1.r09 has been downloaded it's rarely useful to check if that file completes filesets MyMovie2 .... MyMovie999
This is usually only needed when the downloads contain misnamed files.
(which QuickPAR handles far better BTW)

So I would like an an extra button under the RnE that that allows me to check/uncheck the re-verification of the whole queue after each download file.

the doctor

Post by the doctor » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:37 pm

Spiril wrote:
the doctor wrote:v5b7

A situation is still occurring occasionally when selecting an article for download, the download does not begin. The article shows in the connections server list but does not do anything.

Have to click the connect button to disconnect then click it again to reconnect and then the article begins downloading.
I haven't noticed that myself.

Can you somehow reproduce the problem consistently? Maybe by temporarily disabling some of your servers.

Does the log give any useful info when it happens?
This is the only log entry until I click to disconnect/reconnect:

11:31:28 Added 1 article to the NewsLeecher transfer queue in 0ms, followed by a queue flush, which was executed in 0ms.

It only occurs occaisionally.

I am using Astraweb US-SSL. I'm not sure if it never connects or what. Usually though, when I select an article for d/l, it starts to d/l right away.

highwaykind

Post by highwaykind » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:34 am

Eraserhead wrote: Also please don't have it on top of the right-click menu, especially not in SuperSearch view - "Leech" should stay first.
Other than that: a handy new feature!
I second this, I never use the rightclick - supersearch function but I always use rightclick - leech, which now is in a different place. Could you please put Leech on top of that menu again?

poohbeer

Post by poohbeer » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:52 am

Spiril wrote:
poohbeer wrote:the new extract destination manager really needs the option for extract to separate subfolder and date and time prefix
1) defined per subject match
2) defined for the non-matches
If I understand you correctly, your 2nd point is already implemented right ? ( at the bottom of the Dest. Mgr. dialog )
Right now it's 1 switch for both matches and non-matches it seems..
I realy want my non-matches to be in their own subfolder (since that's alot of different stuff I'll need to sort out later) while my matched ones shouldn't be subfoldered as I already sorted them into their proper folders.

Basically.. give us the toggles for match and non-match, not just a global one.

homestar

Post by homestar » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:57 am

I have this exact same problem, beta 7 says my key expired before the release of this new version. I purchased another year just to be sure, still doesn't work. Back to beta 6. I deleted all data files and still a no-go. Any assistance is appreciated.

Clarence wrote:Sorry I'm German this text was translated with Google.
Until yesterday, I've used the NL 5 Beta 6 with no problems.
Yesterday I Had then NL 5 Beta 7 installed and I get the message that my license has expired.
Enter the experiment with the license again unsuccessful.
Have then the NL version 5 beta 6 installed again and the license has been accepted again.
Then try again to install the NL 5 Beta 7 mistakes again.
I've read anywhere that I need for the NL 5 Beta7 a new license.

Um use Win7 Ultimate
What is brown and sticky?

scca229

Groups list

Post by scca229 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:03 pm

Is there a way to go back to the previous groups listing on the Articles tab? The new dropdown box is so cumbersome to that this beta is unusable for anyone with more than a couple groups.

Where the SuperSearch It button is now used to be a pair of arrows that opened up the groups list with checkboxes to allow you to open multiple groups in a merged window. Now there is only a dropbox that shows the groups and you either choose a single group or an entire group heading with no way to collapse the list.

Since you refuse to compile for 64-bit, opening too many groups easily consumes more than 2GB of memory and the program halts spectacularly with disastrous results the next time it's opened after force closing (all articles downloaded in the previous session are put right back in the queue and downloaded again). I had to reduce the number of days retention due to the lack of the program's ability to manage memory as some singular groups are too large now with current server retentions.

Adding SuperSearch It may turn out to be a great thing...but ADD it and don't replace something that was working fine and completely not related.

Micky

Re:ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 100023BC in module '

Post by Micky » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:25 pm

kublai wrote:First time I got this error with v5b7

7:19:45 PM ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 100023BC in module 'nlpar.dll'. Read of address 00000030

I ried closing NL but as soon as it loaded up again same error.
I also JUST started getting this problem.
Seems a corrupt par2 or header or something starts it...

Beowulf

Post by Beowulf » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:47 am

Not sure this is the right place to comment. I love the Extraction manager, very usefull for the many shows i'm watching.
It takes a lot of work to fill it but it is totally worth it. Is there a possibility for an import/export feature of the list?

Fluclo

Post by Fluclo » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:48 am

RnE is causing me problems with this latest beta version.

When I have RnE disabled, everything works as expected in previous versions. However, once RnE is enabled, the following is observed:

1) The downloads of all files is considerably slower than normal
2) Every so often the program pauses with a message about "catching up"
3) None of the RnE programs are repairing
4) Everything else on the computer is going sluggish (and on an i7 that's saying something!)

Antonin

Re: Groups list

Post by Antonin » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:10 am

scca229 wrote:Is there a way to go back to the previous groups listing on the Articles tab? The new dropdown box is so cumbersome to that this beta is unusable for anyone with more than a couple groups.
Absolutely agreed! I've just installed this latest beta as an attempt to move beyond v4.0. I'm not sure what was intended by this new, and very odd functionality. Please restore the article tab to the way it used to work. Thanks.

ladoso

Post by ladoso » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:51 pm

poohbeer wrote:
Spiril wrote:
poohbeer wrote:the new extract destination manager really needs the option for extract to separate subfolder and date and time prefix
1) defined per subject match
2) defined for the non-matches
If I understand you correctly, your 2nd point is already implemented right ? ( at the bottom of the Dest. Mgr. dialog )
Right now it's 1 switch for both matches and non-matches it seems..
I realy want my non-matches to be in their own subfolder (since that's alot of different stuff I'll need to sort out later) while my matched ones shouldn't be subfoldered as I already sorted them into their proper folders.

Basically.. give us the toggles for match and non-match, not just a global one.
I second that. The extraction manager is great for my TV-Series but e.g. for movies I would like a different folder each time.
GREAT new addition though