Page 1 of 3

NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 7 issues

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:06 pm
by Spiril
Use this thread to write about the issues you have with the NewsLeecher v5.0 Beta 7 release of NewsLeecher.

We'll do what we can to get most issues solved before the final release.

Search specific group in the new SuperSearch It feature

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:38 pm
by Sparwhawk
If I for example want to search the group "alt.binaries.pictures" I get results from every group that have "alt.binaries.pictures" in there name.

Is there a way to only search in the group I specified?

Thanks in advance

.nzb.zip not auto importing

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 pm
by kublai
.nzb.zip files are still not auto importing from auto import directory.

Disconnect/reconnect to start download

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:08 pm
by the doctor
v5b7

A situation is still occurring occasionally when selecting an article for download, the download does not begin. The article shows in the connections server list but does not do anything.

Have to click the connect button to disconnect then click it again to reconnect and then the article begins downloading.

Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm
by poohbeer
the new extract destination manager really needs the option for extract to separate subfolder and date and time prefix
1) defined per subject match
2) defined for the non-matches

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 am
by Eraserhead
Hi,
you added SuperSearchIt to the right-click menu but it doesn't do anything (you probably forgot to connect the function, I guess it should open the window like F4).
Also please don't have it on top of the right-click menu, especially not in SuperSearch view - "Leech" should stay first.
Other than that: a handy new feature!

Specify Groups in Extract Destination Manager

Posted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:48 pm
by ITMadMan
If possible to implement, I think it would be logical and helpful to specify specific groups for Extract Destination Manager. I extract music files to a "Music" folder. So if I could specify downloads from alt.binaries.lossless or alt.binaries.sounds.lossless or other defined groups extract to this music folder, it would be extremely helpful. Same for other downloads of course, such as TV episodes and such.

7:19:45 PM ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 100023BC in module '

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:21 am
by kublai
First time I got this error with v5b7

7:19:45 PM ThreadPR Error(121): Access violation at address 100023BC in module 'nlpar.dll'. Read of address 00000030


I ried closing NL but as soon as it loaded up again same error.

have to re-register twice

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:20 am
by nevermind
Since i've installed the new v5.0 Beta 7 i have to re-register 2 times on startup although i have a valid licence till 3.10.2012

This occours each new day i start newsleecher.

edit: i dont use any reg cleaner or similar software.

Re: Search specific group in the new SuperSearch It feature

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:56 pm
by Spiril
Sparwhawk wrote:If I for example want to search the group "alt.binaries.pictures" I get results from every group that have "alt.binaries.pictures" in there name.

Is there a way to only search in the group I specified?

Thanks in advance
That's not possible at the moment, but I'm working on implementing it into SuperSearch.

Re: .nzb.zip not auto importing

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:57 pm
by Spiril
kublai wrote:.nzb.zip files are still not auto importing from auto import directory.
I'll make sure it's fixed before the V5.0 final release.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm
by Spiril
Eraserhead wrote:Hi,
you added SuperSearchIt to the right-click menu but it doesn't do anything (you probably forgot to connect the function, I guess it should open the window like F4).
Yep, I'll hook it up for the next release.
Eraserhead wrote:Also please don't have it on top of the right-click menu, especially not in SuperSearch view - "Leech" should stay first.
Other than that: a handy new feature!
You're right. I'll look into placing the function somewhere else in the popups.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:01 pm
by Spiril
poohbeer wrote:the new extract destination manager really needs the option for extract to separate subfolder and date and time prefix
1) defined per subject match
2) defined for the non-matches
If I understand you correctly, your 2nd point is already implemented right ? ( at the bottom of the Dest. Mgr. dialog )

Re: Specify Groups in Extract Destination Manager

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:02 pm
by Spiril
ITMadMan wrote:If possible to implement, I think it would be logical and helpful to specify specific groups for Extract Destination Manager. I extract music files to a "Music" folder. So if I could specify downloads from alt.binaries.lossless or alt.binaries.sounds.lossless or other defined groups extract to this music folder, it would be extremely helpful. Same for other downloads of course, such as TV episodes and such.
Yea, good idea. That's definitely on my todo.

Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:04 pm
by Spiril
the doctor wrote:v5b7

A situation is still occurring occasionally when selecting an article for download, the download does not begin. The article shows in the connections server list but does not do anything.

Have to click the connect button to disconnect then click it again to reconnect and then the article begins downloading.
I haven't noticed that myself.

Can you somehow reproduce the problem consistently? Maybe by temporarily disabling some of your servers.

Does the log give any useful info when it happens?