NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 8 issues

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

NewsLeecher 5.0 beta 8 issues

Post by Spiril »

Use this thread to write about the issues you have with the NewsLeecher v5.0 Beta 8 release of NewsLeecher.

We'll do what we can to get most issues solved before the final release.

Update:

Unofficial Forum Release #1 at this post:
viewtopic.php?p=106462#106462
Last edited by Spiril on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

shalom2005

Post by shalom2005 »

I'm afraid I uninstalled Beta 8, after a few minutes. What have you done to the interface :(

The 'Search Result Filter' was on the far right of my screen and seemed a little smaller. If it was movable it would have been okay, but no, it was not. Also where was the 'Clean Up' button??

How much time do you think about the interface changes - before you change them??

Please can you correct the above in Beta 9?
Best Regards

Steven from Chigwell, Essex

Tbird

Post by Tbird »

With all due respect, i think you better concentrate on the inside of NL, the engine. Why is it with quickpar checking goes quicker instead of NL?
Unpacking is fine, checking is not. Why are not all cpu cores being used?

For me the interface in NL B7 is clean as it is, i don't understand why it must be changed, if so, please hire a designer for it, i am no designer either so i always focus on the techside of things when i am working on sites..

And a dynamic xmas theme? That's not funny! :cry:

Please Spiral, focus on what you can do best!

Steve0

Post by Steve0 »

I love the GUI changes in b8. It starts up more quickly, and performance on my PC is faster than b7, which seemed to hang on "checking header count" for minutes after updating a newsgroup. I like it!
Last edited by Steve0 on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zaxx

Post by Zaxx »

shalom2005 wrote:I'm afraid I uninstalled Beta 8, after a few minutes. What have you done to the interface :(

The 'Search Result Filter' was on the far right of my screen and seemed a little smaller. If it was movable it would have been okay, but no, it was not. Also where was the 'Clean Up' button??

How much time do you think about the interface changes - before you change them??

Please can you correct the above in Beta 9?
Beta 8 deleted here for the same reasons as above.

Dibbler

Post by Dibbler »

okey dokey...

no clean up button for SS

Where are my icons gone for quick access to the forum etc...? At least I had the choice to have that as an icon.

Where has the shortcut key gone for "The Notes" - look I know that you did not like to keep this feature in NL and bit by bit it seems to be gotten rid of but now I can't seem to get it to open at all - grr. I am not happy with this one.

I really hope it works when I put the previous beta back on over the top of this release.

the doctor

Search entry box is even smaller!!!

Post by the doctor »

Articles tab:

Search entry box is even smaller!!!

Could we please have this user adjustable. I have a huge amount of blank area on the right side of the Cleanup icon.

I would like to have a larger (NOT SMALLER) Search Box.

Richie

Post by Richie »

Tbird wrote:...please hire a designer for it, i am no designer either so i always focus on the techside of things when i am working on sites..

Heh, I LOVE the xmas theme! Nice wee surprise. As for the rest, it works for me.

pippinpixie

Issue with s00, s01 etc..

Post by pippinpixie »

I have spotted an issue with the auto extract

I have all the repair and extract tick boxs ticked Enabled, Monitor, Repair, Extract. When I have options set for Dl. Queue Auto Unpasing, Cleaning and all the PAR2 Files Leech Tweaks turned on if I download a NZB that has S00, S01 following on from the r99 file the s00 etc are not downloaded or are deleted.

The RAR then fails to extract. If untick the leech tweaks and Auto Cleaning and rerun the same download the file will extract.

Something not quite right with the leech tweeks and Auto cleaning and not accounting for the S00, S01 etc..

Hopefully a simple fix for you.

I like the new design btw.. few tweaks like resizeable search boxes would be really nice.. sometimes they just seem to small.

Many thanks.

Eincrou

Post by Eincrou »

I have a bug to report with Supersearch and the "Save to groupname subfolder" option.

When leeching from Supersearch, if the articles are found in multiple newsgroups, they are saved to a folder named for all the groups.

Example: "alt.binaries.boneless, alt.binaries.misc, alt.binaries.nl"

The previous behavior was to name the folder based on just the first newsgroup.

drac

Post by drac »

F9 no longer works to minimize to tray.

To clean up supersearch click on the (x) aka close tab. This works with only one tab open and will replace the tab with an empty one.

verbindmij

Post by verbindmij »

Tbird wrote:With all due respect, i think you better concentrate on the inside of NL, the engine. Why is it with quickpar checking goes quicker instead of NL?
Unpacking is fine, checking is not. Why are not all cpu cores being used?

For me the interface in NL B7 is clean as it is, i don't understand why it must be changed, if so, please hire a designer for it, i am no designer either so i always focus on the techside of things when i am working on sites..

Yes, exactly that.

I've been a paying customer for years now. In the beginning enthusiastic about the development, SuperSearch and everything.
Last year I was doubting to subscribe again, next year I'm not that sure.

Development has gone slow, there are the things above, and SuperSearch often fails to deliver results other NZB services can.

And serious? The Snowy thingy? What's next? Funny things trailing the mouse? Geocities all over again....

Edit: The download page says beta 8, but downloads beta 7....

barik

Post by barik »

verbindmij wrote: And serious? The Snowy thingy? What's next? Funny things trailing the mouse? Geocities all over again....
It took some effort to find, but fortunately it appears that XMAS theme can be turned off by going under the Advanced Nerdy Tweaks and setting GUI Theme Allowed to FALSE (see the release notes which describes this).

If I didn't find this option, I probably would have gone back to the previous beta as well.

Fixxxer

Post by Fixxxer »

drac wrote:F9 no longer works to minimize to tray.

To clean up supersearch click on the (x) aka close tab. This works with only one tab open and will replace the tab with an empty one.
same problem here

poohbeer

Post by poohbeer »

And still missing the option to set that extract to subfolder setting seperate for RnE matches vs non-matches as explained in the beta7 topic:
viewtopic.php?p=106249#106249

Please implement this.