Autohide Is Beautiful!

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
y0himba

Autohide Is Beautiful!

Post by y0himba » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Personally I think the interface is very improved. The compact modes are extremely nice and space saving, the autohide on the connections browser is OUTSTANDING. Love it. The interface looks a lot more clean.

Can we auto hide the Groups Browser on the articles tab, and now the new Bookmarks/Searches on the Supersearch tab? Autohide them just like the connection browser.

My only peeves so far: How about an option to remove the text from the toolbar icons across the entire interface.

Why is "Post" under the Supersearch tab?

This is the best version yet, in as far as interface. I am excited to see what is coming.
-Insert cool signature here.

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Autohide Is Beautiful!

Post by Spiril » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:27 am

y0himba wrote:Can we auto hide the Groups Browser on the articles tab, and now the new Bookmarks/Searches on the Supersearch tab? Autohide them just like the connection browser.
Isn't the right-aligned 'compacting' buttons on the groups browser and SS toolbars what you're looking for ?

y0himba wrote:Why is "Post" under the Supersearch tab?
You can select an article in the SS view, and reply to it, by clicking the post button.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:38 am

Spiril wrote: Isn't the right-aligned 'compacting' buttons on the groups browser and SS toolbars what you're looking for ?
It is a step in the right direction. I would like to be able to have those same small icons, without the text.

As for the left hand group browser panel, and the left hand Supersearch panel, I would like those to autohide, like the connections panel. It is the only thing I have asked for repeatedly. You even made me a version, an unofficial forum test, and I was in heaven until beta 10. :)

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:24 pm

y0himba wrote:As for the left hand group browser panel, and the left hand Supersearch panel, I would like those to autohide, like the connections panel. It is the only thing I have asked for repeatedly. You even made me a version, an unofficial forum test, and I was in heaven until beta 10. :)
If you click the right-aligned compacting buttons, on the respective toolbars, those panels will autohide. Isn't that the functionality you're looking for ?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:29 pm

The lighter colored icon on the bottom right, first icon, click it. It has a tooltip that says "Use this button to toggle view compacting...". I have clicked it many times, yet the panels below do not autohide. Maybe it's a bug? Not working? Or am I not understanding what you mean?

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:45 pm

y0himba wrote:The lighter colored icon on the bottom right, first icon, click it. It has a tooltip that says "Use this button to toggle view compacting...". I have clicked it many times, yet the panels below do not autohide. Maybe it's a bug? Not working? Or am I not understanding what you mean?
I might have worded that incorrectly, as they're not compacting buttons I guess ;) I mean the right-aligned buttons on the groups browser / SS toolbars. They are located just below the 'minimize to tray' button on your screenshots.

y0himba

Post by y0himba » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:17 pm

AHA! Okay. The auto hide delay is about 2 seconds, maybe 1, but seems to be long, that's why it would not hide, I didn't wait long enough! Sure enough, they are auto hiding.

Can that delay be shortened? 500ms? 10ms? 0 ms?

What do you think of allowing the option to remove the text next to the icons completely?

"Online, Stop, Pause, Toolbox, Tray" for example, or even for the sub toolbar icons on each tab such as the "post" icon we were confused about? Just leaving the icons. It would need to be optional and not on by default, so maybe a nerdy tweak?

wlellis

Autohide - not a fan unless I can turn it on or off

Post by wlellis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:29 pm

how do I turn it off?

wlellis

Re: Autohide - not a fan unless I can turn it on or off

Post by wlellis » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:57 pm

wlellis wrote:how do I turn it off?
Found it - ALT-H