NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 12

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Spiril
Site Admin

NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 12

Post by Spiril »

Beta Release : NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 12

Release Notes : http://www.newsleecher.com/?id=versionhistory

Use this thread to write about the above mentioned version of NewsLeecher.
Last edited by Spiril on Mon May 28, 2012 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Rashomon

Going from Scheduled download to none does not release Queue

Post by Rashomon »

I have noticed this in the last couple betas and thought the issue might be addressed. I use the scheduler to download often but it does not seem to release the queue when switching from Speed Limit: Scheduled to Speed Limit: None

Clicking on the Online/Connect button seems to fix the problem.
Keep up the good work!

the doctor

SuperSearch and other

Post by the doctor »

v5b12

Excellent additions/changes!

Couple of suggestions though (as if you thought there would not be any):

1. It is very user - unfriendly to change the number of search days then have to move the mouse over to the other side of the window to click search. These two items should be closer, if not right next to each other. Search - Change number of days - Click Search again.

2. I'm sure you are adding this, but (just in case) need to be able to edit bookmark folders.

3. Ability to drag 'n drop (reorganize) bookmarks into folders.

4. A dropdown of already created folders would be nice when adding a bookmark to a folder.

5. Undocumented feature - create subfolders in bookmarks by entering the main folder name "/" then the subfolder name.

kublai

Post by kublai »

I totally agree with this as it feels very awkard having to move all the way back to the left and it does not flow smoothly.

1. It is very user - unfriendly to change the number of search days then have to move the mouse over to the other side of the window to click search. These two items should be closer, if not right next to each other. Search - Change number of days - Click Search again.

lSi

Post by lSi »

Please bring back the old Supersearch Tabs !!

one click on Refresh -> selected Tabs research
double click on Refresh -> all Tabs research
one Click on "+" - new search Tab

I really miss this ... and its much more Userfriendly.

... go back to beta 10 (last one with Tabs)

CapZap

Post by CapZap »

I don't understand why we have to continually reset the number of days to search. I don't believe we've ever had to do this til the last two betas -- I've used NL continuously since early 2004.
"I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

knuffel_u

No beta 12

Post by knuffel_u »

Hi, i got the message that there was a new update. beta 12. i followed the link and downloaded ... it installed. the installation screen says instalation beta 12 ...
but when i start the program after install.. it keeps telling me there is a new update... beta 12 and in the program it says its beta 11 installed.
i re-downloaded the file to another location... but same problem after installation.
when i go to the file location... the file it self says its beta 12 from december 19... but when i execute it.. it says beta 11 and tells me there is a new beta.

i run win 7 ultimate x64

help wanted ....

thnx

shalom2005

Post by shalom2005 »

CapZap wrote:I don't understand why we have to continually reset the number of days to search. I don't believe we've ever had to do this til the last two betas -- I've used NL continuously since early 2004.
This is not correct. Just click the downward arrow on the 'CleanUp' button and select the default number of days - it's obvious once you find it!!

This program badly needs a help file :)
Best Regards

Steven from Chigwell, Essex

whitemouse

Post by whitemouse »

I like the new Super Search look in v5.0 beta 12. And I also like how some dialog boxes have a button with the option of 'do not ask me again'. I would like to see that 'do not ask me again' option on Yes I would like to delete me Recent Search without asking me to confirm.

This how it would work:
1. First time I select Delete Entry from the menu when I Right click on the Recent Search.

2. It opens Confirm dialog box 'You are about to delete 1 recent searches, Continue?'.

3. A new button, 'Yes, always without Confirm'

4. Then the next time I select Delete Entry from the menu the entry disapears without confirm dialog box.

Thanks & Happy Holidays.

Smudge
Site Admin

Re: SuperSearch and other

Post by Smudge »

the doctor wrote:1. It is very user - unfriendly to change the number of search days then have to move the mouse over to the other side of the window to click search. These two items should be closer, if not right next to each other. Search - Change number of days - Click Search again.
FYI, while typing in the search box, you can use the up/down arrow keys while holding the shift, control or alt key to change the days. Then just press return to run the search.
the doctor wrote:2. I'm sure you are adding this, but (just in case) need to be able to edit bookmark folders.

3. Ability to drag 'n drop (reorganize) bookmarks into folders.

4. A dropdown of already created folders would be nice when adding a bookmark to a folder.

5. Undocumented feature - create subfolders in bookmarks by entering the main folder name "/" then the subfolder name.
All of these might be due to a bug. I'm not sure if Spiril meant to allow folders as you have found with your undocumented feature. When you select the Add To Bookmarks option and try to enter a / or \, it gives you an error saying those characters are not allowed.

I hope that Spiril goes the other way and allows folders as that is a nice feature.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

ablair

music player opens and plays track as soon as it is downloaded

Post by ablair »

and i don't want it to do this - windows xp
Last edited by ablair on Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

ablair

music tracks not going to selected directory

Post by ablair »

when i download a music track it doesn't go to my selected directory(rars do go to the selected directory) but goes into application data/newsleecher/temp/NLtemp ?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

You are using the Open/Read command (or Enter key) which will download
the files to the temp directory and immediately open it with the associated application. This is normally used for reading a text posting or previewing an image file and obviously not to be used for downloading zip/rar files of an archive you wish to keep.

Instead, you need to use one of the Leech modes which will download the
files and save them.

You can read about the different leech modes at
viewtopic.php?p=20685#20685
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

ablair

leech mode

Post by ablair »

ah, ok thanks

Mclane

Post by Mclane »

Missing the extra search bar in supersearch, opening up the big adv search is too cumbersome, that extra search bar was great for instantly narrowing down the search list and then altering what you had narrowed down without having to do the search again.

As in say you do a search for Jazz funk classics you will get a giant list of them, I used the extra bar to look for certain artists. Just got soo used to it..

Also, the position of the search button is wrong, it should be after the number of days to look at.

Also missing the ability to define the spacing between rows, I used to get so much more on on the screen with a 14 setting...Seems to have been removed?

And lastly missing the tab style of supersearch favourites, this auto hiding or having a chunk of the screen used seems very clunky, the tabs were much easier.

Sorry to be a bit negative but just saying what I feel.