NewsLeecher V5.0 Beta 12

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Rashomon

search bar in supersearch

Post by Rashomon »

In reply to:
Mclane wrote:Missing the extra search bar in supersearch, opening up the big adv search is too cumbersome, that extra search bar was great for instantly narrowing down the search list and then altering what you had narrowed down without having to do the search again.
The "extra search bar" can be enabled by clicking the "Append and Result Filter Settings" to the right of the CleanUp drop down box. The result filter should have a check mark next to it. You can then narrow your search without having to query the server.
There is always more than one viewpoint in a multidimensional world

justone

Post by justone »

What I really wish is to be able to drag drop hide add items to the bar. I would for example have the supersearchbar + the append bar + the result bar next to each other, whereas Cleanup and watchdog would got to the right. And since I'm pretty sure that 100 users would come up with 100 differnt arrangements, being able to define the order would be a real goal.

iminthezone

Row Spacing Gone?

Post by iminthezone »

Where did the row pixel spacing go? My eyes aren't as good as they once were and having the rows so close together makes it really hard to read the headers. I like most of the other enhancements but I really miss this feature.

Mclane

Re: search bar in supersearch

Post by Mclane »

Rashomon wrote:In reply to:
Mclane wrote:Missing the extra search bar in supersearch, opening up the big adv search is too cumbersome, that extra search bar was great for instantly narrowing down the search list and then altering what you had narrowed down without having to do the search again.
The "extra search bar" can be enabled by clicking the "Append and Result Filter Settings" to the right of the CleanUp drop down box. The result filter should have a check mark next to it. You can then narrow your search without having to query the server.
Thank you ever so much, I was missing that so much :)

One thing, an avatar with Marty's eyes both pointing the same way, impossible :)

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Mclane wrote:Also, the position of the search button is wrong, it should be after the number of days to look at.
Remember that you don't have to click the search button. While you are typing in your search query, just press enter. If you have to adjust the days, hold down shift and use the up/down arrow keys, while still in the search query box, and it will change the days. Then press enter to run the search.

Mclane wrote:Also missing the ability to define the spacing between rows, I used to get so much more on on the screen with a 14 setting...Seems to have been removed?
This feature has been changed to the bottom right corner of the screen, called View Compacting. By clicking the button, the listing size will change. It adjusts the font size and the row spacing together.

Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

Vash

Repair and Extract buggy

Post by Vash »

Okey this happens from time to time.

RnE checks files and says all healthy. Starts to extract them, but then says it couldnt be extracted. All files seem to be okey.

BUT when i check the files manually with Quickpar, its says one or more files are corrupted. Quickpar repairs it.

Refresh RnE and it checks the files again, stills says everything is okey, but extracts them without errors.

This happend now 4 times out of 60 downloads. Not very often, i know, but you should know that there is something wrong with RnE.

Btw... Happy New Year

Village Guy

Post by Village Guy »

Please bring back the tabbed Supersearch. For me the column folder is confusing, clumsy and does not achieve the same result.

GreenOnyx

Post by GreenOnyx »

Smudge wrote:
Mclane wrote:Also, the position of the search button is wrong, it should be after the number of days to look at.
Remember that you don't have to click the search button. While you are typing in your search query, just press enter. If you have to adjust the days, hold down shift and use the up/down arrow keys, while still in the search query box, and it will change the days. Then press enter to run the search.

Mclane wrote:Also missing the ability to define the spacing between rows, I used to get so much more on on the screen with a 14 setting...Seems to have been removed?
This feature has been changed to the bottom right corner of the screen, called View Compacting. By clicking the button, the listing size will change. It adjusts the font size and the row spacing together.

Because of the drop down not everyone is typing in this box all of the time. So in addition to this work around not being very intuitive, it doesn't address the flow issue for all scenarios.

I can't think of one good reason why this was moved but would love to hear the reasoning behind it. Personally I think it needs to be put back on the right where it's always been, this bothers me multiple times daily.

On the Recent Searches branch a Delete All Entries option in the right click might be nice, I don't see a way to clear them all at first glance.

Crand

Post by Crand »

+1 for tabbed SuperSearch.

While you're at it, you could also fix it so that when you are moving between searches the position doesn't always get reset to the top. That's annoying as hell. Also, being able to delete a recent search with the delete key would save a few mouse clicks.

It would be nice if in the next beta you could make a list of things that are working perfectly fine and efficiently and change them for no particular reason while at the same time never so much as address the problems people constantly tell you about. Something tells me I don't even need to ask for this one.

Look at the little box to the left. 2004, guys. You are the Nickelback of software development when it comes to customer requests.

gamerscloset

Post by gamerscloset »

+7 for tabbed SuperSearch. I'm finding it extremly annoying when I click on one of my search links in the tree and it displays old results from a previous search. I'd rather it display nothing until I double click the link.

Where did Advanced search go? My Saved SuperSearch's used to have min size saved with them so I could filter out some junk but that's no longer there.

Mclane

Post by Mclane »

GreenOnyx wrote:
Smudge wrote:

Because of the drop down not everyone is typing in this box all of the time. So in addition to this work around not being very intuitive, it doesn't address the flow issue for all scenarios.

I can't think of one good reason why this was moved but would love to hear the reasoning behind it. Personally I think it needs to be put back on the right where it's always been, this bothers me multiple times daily.

On the Recent Searches branch a Delete All Entries option in the right click might be nice, I don't see a way to clear them all at first glance.
+1

Sorry Smudge, I appreciate the points and thank you but this search part is just damn awkward, I'm trying to avoid having to hold special keys down to adjust this and that, I just want to type and no matter what else I've done hit the search button to update my request.

I like GreenOynx don't see why the button was suddenly moved, it was logically and intuitively in the right spot before.

Mclane

Post by Mclane »

gamerscloset wrote:+7 for tabbed SuperSearch. I'm finding it extremly annoying when I click on one of my search links in the tree and it displays old results from a previous search. I'd rather it display nothing until I double click the link.

Where did Advanced search go? My Saved SuperSearch's used to have min size saved with them so I could filter out some junk but that's no longer there.
+8 for the tabbed search

As for the Advanced search, well its annoyingly now hidden behind a double key press of F3 (sorry, short cut key overload, too much hold this and that to do a what was a mouse click)

You can also find it by clicking the down arrow on the rollout where you typed in your search request. Again, I preferred the old set up with the set of boxes to set up, it seemed compact and easy, its now replace with multiple key presses and a big daunting box looking box.

Mclane

Post by Mclane »

Any idea when the settings for watchdog will be saved, its just a niggle..

gweminence

Post by gweminence »

Is it possible to configure the toolbar? I want to move the search button and the result filter box back to where they used to be. Also, it used to be possible to, instead of showing threads in the bottom window, so tiny preview images of things you're clicking on. Is this still possible? I don't see a setting for it. Thanks!
Greg A Wright

spinning27

+1 Tabbed supersearch!

Post by spinning27 »

+1 Tabbed supersearch!