hmm, just got 3 days worth of headers now?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
tommo123

hmm, just got 3 days worth of headers now?

Post by tommo123 »

just grabbing as usual and had 3 million to download. after grabbing they're dated back to 3 days ago. another group has now just grabbed 3 million and they're also going back to 3-4 days ago.

i'm with astraweb - is it them being weird (couldn't find any probs via quick google during last week) or NL?

it also doesn't seem that "check for new headers" works on all my groups. the first 5 or so seem to update but the rest don't

i'm going to leave it overnight (disable auto update every 2 hours) and see what happens in the AM.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Do you have the "show old" button selected?

kel

Post by kel »

If the header cache for a group gets corrupted (which happens far more often than it should) only the most recently downloaded headers will show up even when show old is check.

When that occurs the only option is to purge the headers for that group, reset the pointer (it'll prompt you) and then download all the headers again.

The header cache is known to sometime corrupt if you update headers while downloading at the same time. It is recommended to download headers and download articles at different times.
-
Seriously wish the missing features of local search and the features that have been broken/removed from local search but left in or in some cases improved on the SuperSearch would be fixed/restored and improved upon on for local search. - More details: http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=127938#p127938

tommo123

Post by tommo123 »

i do have "show old" selected but i always delete headers from cache as i go

i didn't purge headers or anything like that. i simply didn't get any for a few days then got them all in one go it seems.

it hasn't happened since so possibly astraweb being a dick?

as far as only downloading headers goes - i've often wanted the "pause" option to only pause downloads and not headers. i'd like to be able to hit pause, then update headers and have them go through. instead of having to pause a load of downloads then go to bed forgetting to resume :o