Hangs and pauses on header retrieval?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
eekthecat

Hangs and pauses on header retrieval?

Post by eekthecat » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:12 am

On v6.5b3, Win8. NL seems to hang on header retrieval if I haven't done so for a few days (so there are >2-3million per large group). The program becomes unresponsive, though it seems like they are sometimes trickling into NL in the background. (the window shows as "not responding"). Other times, NL just never responds and must be force closed.

This has been constant throughout the last few betas. I've tried resetting the groups with no luck... I realize this isn't a lot of info to go on, but has anyone seen this?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:17 am

Obviously that shouldn't happen. How long do you give it before force closing it?

How much memory does your system have and how much is NewsLeecher using? Are you running Win8 or 8.1?
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.

krazykanuck

Post by krazykanuck » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:27 pm

I was having this issue and changed max simultaneous updates to 2 which seemed to solve the problem.
The first time it locked up I left it overnight and it didn't come back.

I am running W7 with 16G memory