Group Browser LOCKS NL

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
charles1k

Group Browser LOCKS NL

Post by charles1k » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Every time I attempt to download any new Header in the Group Browser.
It has been going on for the past beta versions
I have attempted to create a new group with 1 and also with 3 groups and it locks up NL

Server is Newsleecher
I am using 10 bots on the US and 10 on the EU servers
Windows 7
Ram 6 Gigs
Over 500 Gigs of a 1 Terabyte HDD
NL v.6.5 Beta 6

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:13 am

Sorry I'm a bit confused.

Are you trying to subscribe to a group (to add it to the list) or are you creating virtual groups with the existing subscribed group entries?

When it locks up, have you left it for a bit and see if it recovers or do you have to force kill the application?

If you've had to force kill the NewsLeecher application, it is possible that one of your configuration files is corrupted.

You can hold down F12 when starting the application and it will ask if you wish to load your configuration files. Start with not loading the General Settings File by answering No and it will launch NewsLeecher with the default settings. Immediately quit NewsLeecher to save the default settings to disk. Then launch NewsLeecher again and it should start up with default settings and hopefully no error messages. If you get more errors, try the same procedure for the other setting files.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, you will need to manually remove the configuration files one at a time, starting with the setup file, and run NewsLeecher again. You can find the location and explanation of each configuration file at viewtopic.php?t=6766

Uninstalling and reinstalling will not remove the configuration files.
Please be aware of and use the following pages...
Services Status Page : SuperSearch and Usenet Access server status, retention, server load, indexing time, etc.
Support Request Form : Use this if you have a problem with billing or account status. The forum is only for NewsLeecher application issues.