7.0 Beta - Destination Folders missing features

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
sinrise

7.0 Beta - Destination Folders missing features

Post by sinrise » Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:25 pm

In previous versions, you could specify a download location based on a keyword. What happened to that? I used that feature a lot. I'm not sure if there's still a way to do it anymore but if there is it doesn't seem obvious to me. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Krall1968

Re: 7.0 Beta - Destination Folders missing features

Post by Krall1968 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:09 am

as an agency in version 7.0 beta 1, which are the rar files extracted to the folder with the same name as the file?

sinrise

Post by sinrise » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:14 am

What I mean is, you can have R&E extract to different folders based on keywords in the subject. Example: files with 720p go into one folder, and ones with HDTV but NOT 720p go in another folder. I actually depend on this feature so I have to do back to the previous version. A first for me and I've been using since v3.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:23 am

This isn't exactly the same as what was mentioned above but what happened to the option to download rars into folders based on the group name? Now everything is downloaded into 1 folder instead of being separated.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:52 am

Eric10301 wrote:This isn't exactly the same as what was mentioned above but what happened to the option to download rars into folders based on the group name? Now everything is downloaded into 1 folder instead of being separated.
Never mind, I found the option.

swinburneivan

Post by swinburneivan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:24 am

Hi

Would be very grateful if you could tell me where the feature to automatically put downloads into their own folder is. Since the upgrade every download goes into the same folder where before they went into separate folders.

Many thanks

TifKag

Post by TifKag » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:17 pm

swinburneivan wrote:Hi

Would be very grateful if you could tell me where the feature to automatically put downloads into their own folder is. Since the upgrade every download goes into the same folder where before they went into separate folders.

Many thanks
Click on Folder in the main window, Choose a destination, choose a tag.

So when the download should go to Drive D: with a groupname folder the line should read D:\<group>

So DO NOT use the groupname but the TAG <group>, than different folders, depending on the group you download from will be created.

The same goes for the Extract destination folders

Example: I download to E: with a groupname, and Extract to G: with !RnE prefix.

Code: Select all

Download
E:\<Group>

Extract
G:\!RnE - <DateTime> - <PAR2 Name>
So you have to work with TAGS not groupnames or filenames or archivenames !!!!! (And the TAGS you can use are allready coded into Newsleecher)

swinburneivan

Post by swinburneivan » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:39 pm

Many thanks for that. Why couldn't they just leave it as it was - so much easier.

Ivan

eddiem54

Post by eddiem54 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:41 pm

I am extremely disappointed that a very user friendly method of specifying an extract destination has been abandoned for this:

"Click on Folder in the main window, Choose a destination, choose a tag.
So when the download should go to Drive D: with a groupname folder the line should read D:\<group>
So DO NOT use the groupname but the TAG <group>, than different folders, depending on the group you download from will be created.
The same goes for the Extract destination folders"

What does that mean in plain language?

mvd

Post by mvd » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:32 pm

swinburneivan wrote:Why couldn't they just leave it as it was - so much easier.
Agreed. The previous keyword-matching based Repair&Extract Destination functionality was excellent. I've looked around in NL7.0 to see if the functionality was moved somewhere else, but it seems its been removed. The new Destination Folders system with having to link supersearch bookmarks with a destination folder is very awkward and counterintuitive. This method does not seem to support manual supersearching - I have to manually go and change the destination folder in the R&E window.

I assume this is just some terrible oversight. I tried rolling back to the previous v6 beta, but Repair functionality is then broken (just keeps "repairing" forever), so I'm stuck with NL7.0.

Please bring back the previous keyword-matching destination folder functionality. Great program otherwise!

hemandk

Post by hemandk » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:20 pm

I agree, please bring back the options to enter keywords so you can use supersearch directly.

galronn

Post by galronn » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:08 pm

If it matters... I 2nd that, please bring this feature back.

sinrise

Post by sinrise » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:03 pm

I thought of a way to fix this issue while improving the download and extraction system and posted it to the Wishlist forum.

Antonin

Post by Antonin » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:53 am

galronn wrote:If it matters... I 2nd that, please bring this feature back.
Agreed. I'm really trying to understand how the features in 7.0 are an improvement over 6.5

So far, it doesn't seem like like the features in 7.0 make life easier.

For the time being, I've reverted back to 6.5, and am quite happy with the result.