NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 crash and lock up

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
#1tech

NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 crash and lock up

Post by #1tech » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:07 pm

NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 (nl70002.ufr5) [2014_10_15]

Windows 7 64 bit Computer

Just installed Release #5 this morning. After program start the "Bug Window" below came up. After I cleared the bug window with "OK" the new "Queue List" that was just loaded from the "Superleech Tab" this morning disappeared. The Superleech tab still shows there were files found to download this morning but the Queue is now empty. This happens every time I restart Release #5 on the Win 7 computer.

Application Bug has Occured:

Bug Data #1:
nnanaasq

Bug Data #2:
Access violation at address 00719A52 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000020
=========================================

Windows Vista 32 bit computer

When Release #5 is installed on my Win. Vista computer the program starts OK. When I select the "Queue Tab" I see the new Superleech list start to download then in about 10 seconds the "Bug Report" below comes up. When I click on the Bug Window, "Copy to clipboard" Newleecher locks up and both Newsleecher and the Bug Window dim. Then the program just disappears from the desktop. It is also gone in the "Task Manager Process Window". This happens every time I restart Release #5 on the Win Vista computer.

Application Bug has Occured:

Bug Report
Bug Data #1:
9ss9mm99s

Bug Data #2:
Access violation at address 00715295 in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 326F3269

#1tech (Chet)

#1tech

Re: NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 crash and lock up

Post by #1tech » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:44 pm

2014_10_15 NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 (nl70002.ufr5)" FIXED.

My Windows Vista 32 bit OS computer.

Got "NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 (nl70002.ufr5)" working.
Here is what I had to do below:

1) Open C:/Users/"Main User"/AppData/Roaming/. Copy the "NewsLeecher"
folder to my desktop (or Temp folder).
2) Uninstall Newsleecher.
3) Start Windows "Regedit" and find all instances of "NewsLeecher"
in the registry and delete them.
4) Do a windows search for all leftover "Newsleecher Folders, Shortcuts
and delete them.
5) Performed a new install of "NewsLeecher V7 Beta 2 Release 5 (nl70002.ufr5)".
6) Start the "NewsLeecher" application and register it. Close the program.
7) Open the "C:/Users/"Main User"/AppData/Roaming/NewsLeecher" folder and
delete the following files and folders:

a) downloaded.v2.dat
b) setup.v2.dat
c) Folder "superleech"

8) Go to the saved "NewsLeecher Folder" and copy and paste the 3 files
listed above to the new "C:/Users/"MainUser"/AppData/Roaming/NewsLeecher" folder.
9) Then copy the "Servers" folder to the"C:/Users/"MainUser"/AppData/Roaming/NewsLeecher"
folder.

After starting the "Newleecher" application again I was up and running with my previous saved settings. The "Superleech" files were loaded to the "Queue"and are downloading OK.
I believe installing "Release 5" over an existing application with the older files still in the
"NewsLeecher" folders caused the Program Errors. It's been 1 hour since I started Newsleecher
and it is working OK. I was also able to close and reopen the program without errors or loosing any previous settings.

NO ERRORS WERE DISPLAYED.

#1tech (Chet)