Version 7 beta 2 - extract folder problems still

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
sam_leech

Version 7 beta 2 - extract folder problems still

Post by sam_leech » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Just installed the latest beta, v7 beta 2 and like the first beta, all files get left in the 'extract' folder after download is complete, even if you've specified a specific folder for a download :(

Unless I'm missing something and I'm not setting something correctly, then the download to a specific folder is still not working, as it was in the first beta.

Arsby

Re: Version 7 beta 2 - extract folder problems still

Post by Arsby » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 am

I'm seeing exactly the same problem, both in beta 1 and beta 2.
I specify a specific folder for download for a large file. (Leech Specify or Ctrl-Y). I want to download it to a folder in external drive G:.
No matter how I fill in the dialog, it gets extracted to my default extraction folder on the C: drive. (I want to keep the default on the C: drive, most of my downloads are for smaller items for which I always want access.) My C: drive is nearly full, and this is exacerbating the problem.
NOT good. I *really* want this fixed.

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:31 am

Yes, indeed... same problem in beta 1 and beta 2 :-(

Files that are not in an archive (rar set) do end up in the folder I've specified as expected, just files that are in a rar set and need extracting at the end of the download process just get left in the default extract folder as you describe.

As such, it's good that you end up with the file(s) downloaded and extracted ok but to have all files just ending up in the extract folder is not good and now I'm very careful to move the downloaded/extracted files to another folder at the end of each session.

barrie1972

Post by barrie1972 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:11 am

Additional info:
Setup NL to extract in C:\Users\Me\Downloads\Extracted
When importing NZB's everything gets put in the C:\Users\Me\Filename\Extracted
When adding a dl using supersearch, the path is correct

Arsby

Post by Arsby » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 pm

Not sure what you mean, Barrie1972. I've only been using Supersearch, and the files end up in the Extracted default folder when I do Leech Specify to a different folder.

This problem is so bad for me that I'll be reverting back to 5.0 final until it's fixed.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:41 pm

This unofficial release might help fixing the problem :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70003.ufr1.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Spiril... thanks for that download... sadly, at least on my system it's not fixed the problem :-(

Archive sets still get left in the extract folder. Individual files, i.e. those not in a rar archive set, do go to the folder you have picked.

Running: - Windows 8.1 Enterprise Edition 64 bit

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:13 pm

Sam_leech ,

Strange. What is your "Default Download Destination Folder" and "Default RnE RAR archive extract" paths set to, under "Settings -> Destination Folders" ?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:04 pm

Hi Spiril … thanks for the reply.

My default download folder is the same as it’s always been when I set up using Newsleecher.

Directory structure looks something like this …

D:\newsgroups Default download folder
D:\newsgroups\extracted subfolder created automatically (not by me)
D:\newsgroups\test subfolder for storing extracted files (one of mine)
D:\newsgroups\test2 another subfolder (one of mine)

It seems like any file that is not part of an archive (rar) set does end up in the folder I specify.

Folders/files that are part of an archive set and are extracted automatically at the end of a download session end up in the d:\newsgroups\extracted folder and stay there.

Thanks again and a big Thank You for all your hard work with Newsleecher and the other goodies ?

BernieG

Post by BernieG » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:46 pm

Is it me or on the 7.02 beta even is no tag is specified it will always download the file
in the main folder\<Subject> ?

Edit

Ok Got it it was just happening when i imported a NZB and this is part ot the NZB import
settings i unchecked the option and everything works back !

Thank you
Last edited by BernieG on Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bkirby0117

Post by bkirby0117 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:51 pm

Spiril wrote:This unofficial release might help fixing the problem :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70003.ufr1.exe
Thank you for the file. It fixed my downloading issue. And the "Destination Folder FAQ" button also helped answer many questions I had.

Thanks for a great product!

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:18 pm

:-) .... That's the answer :-).... the Default Repair and Extract Rar extract Destination folder. Clearing that and leaving it blank certainly makes Newsleecher 7 Beta 2 work as it has in the past for me :-)

Arsby

Post by Arsby » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:44 am

Yay! Special thanks to Sam Leech for explaining the solution so simply.

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:35 am

[quote="Arsby"]Yay! Special thanks to Sam Leech for explaining the solution so simply.[/quote]

:) .... Lets hope the next beta release doesn't set that folder automatically during installation and let the user add their own info if they want to.

I'm glad it's working ok now as it was making it difficult to really check out the other new stuff in the latest beta release of version 7.

From what I've been able to see, trying it out in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview, Newsleecher v7 works fine :D

rockwalk1975

Post by rockwalk1975 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:43 pm

Is there any way to do the "matching keywords query on the subject or group" like the older versions did? I have various folders already set up for extract keyword match to send the files to.
For example: Keyword: "HDTV" will send all matches to location - X:\TVShows\NewShows

Is there any way to do this now?

Thank you.