Version 7 beta 2 - extract folder problems still

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Andre

Re: Version 7 beta 2 - extract folder problems still

Post by Andre » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:56 am

I'm having this problem too with 7beta2, I assumed it was just me not setting something correctly. but apparently not.

I don't want to use any tagged or group-specific directories at all, I just use the "Leech (Specify)" function and manually pick the folder that I wish to download to from the history list, or select it manually. When I choose a desired folder, I expect all of the RARs and the final extraction process to happen to that folder, just as they always have done.

I've deleted the new 'RAR Extract Destination Folder' entry, but Newsleecher is still extracting everything into my D:\Downloads\ folder (even though all the RARs seem to be correctly downloaded into the directory that I manually selected via Leech Specify). I can't seem to delete the 'Default Download Destination Folder' entry completely though, the edit box requires that entry to be valid even though I don't want to use it.

This is how I would expect (and wish) the new features to work:
  • Using 'Leech Specify' should allow me to choose the folder where I want my final output file to be extracted. If it is already a file in its own right (i.e. not packed into RARs) then that file should simply be downloaded directly to my specified folder.
  • The 'Default Download Folder' (or perhaps something like 'Download Work Folder') should be used to specify a folder where all the working files (RARs, PARs, repairs, etc) are always downloaded and repaired - in my case I'd use a temporary RAID-0 array for faster access - but it should NOT be the final extraction folder if one has already been chosen within Leech Specify.
Andre

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:26 pm

I *normally* use the Leech Specify way to download to specific folders I use for newsgroups and since making sure that the 'Default "repair and Extract" RAR Extract Destination Folder is left empty, files are now downloaded and extracted to the folder I've specified, as was always the case in previous releases of Newsleecher.

It could well be you need to ensure that folder is indeed empty and it might be worth closing Newsleecher and then starting it again after you've ensured the folder is empty... to ensure that the setting has actually changed.

The 'Extract' folder was created automatically when I first installed the new beta version but given the problems it's caused, it could be it will be removed from future beta releases? Good luck

quickly

Post by quickly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:26 pm

i have the problem with the ufr release, that i cant change the downloadfolder by rightclick. if i do this, i always have a subfolder with the header of my nzb title. but i have not activated the nzb destination folder.
i have a drive "F", but it does not work. i see the option to select the drivf f, but if i say ok, its the default folder with subfolder again.
i simply want to change in the extract tab from the default folder to my external drive F
how can i do this?
Attachments
folder.gif
folder.gif (25.84 KiB) Viewed 7325 times

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:56 pm

Pressing the 'Folders' tab ... this is the second of two folder options and it's this one that I've used the 'Change default folders' button and leave the box empty :)

[attachment=0]newsleecher_folder.PNG[/attachment]

... Hope that helps :-)
Attachments
newsleecher_folder.PNG
newsleecher_folder.PNG (3.17 KiB) Viewed 7315 times

sam_leech

Post by sam_leech » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:39 pm

Further to the message above.... a fuller explanation of my folder structure and way I set up for downloading stuff using Newsleecher.

My default folder is on my Drive D: and is under D:\Newsgroups

Below D:\Newsgroups I have a number of folders that I've created to hold various downloads like, for example ....

D:\Newsgroups\Test
D:\Newsgroups\Test2

... etc. .... so, after pressing the 'Folder' button, I then specify D:\Newsgroups as my default download folder and the 'Default "Repair and Extract" RAR Extract Destination Folder: ... I leave empty.

When I'm selecting stuff to download I use the Leech Specify option and browse to, for example, D:\Newsgroups\Test2 folder .... configured like this, once the rar set has been downloaded, it will be extracted automatically to the D:\Newsgroups\Test2 folder :D

[attachment=1]foldersbutton.PNG[/attachment]

[attachment=0]newsgroups_default.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
newsgroups_default.PNG
newsgroups_default.PNG (34.14 KiB) Viewed 7312 times
foldersbutton.PNG
foldersbutton.PNG (12.92 KiB) Viewed 7312 times

quickly

Post by quickly » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:39 pm

i have the same folder options. the rarfolder and nzbfolder are empty.
if i change the folder in the extract tab, i can select another folder, or disk, but if i say ok, nothing changes.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:10 pm

Quickly,

This unofficial test release should fix the bug that prevents changing the extract folder from the RnE context menu :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70003.ufr2.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

quickly

Post by quickly » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:44 pm

yeah, working now as expected!
thanks!

la_Yoe

Post by la_Yoe » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:09 pm

I have the problem, that the folder for RAR & Extract is not working!

I defined the path for the Destination Folders at the Settings, but NewsLeecher extract the files always to the Default Download Destination Folder/<Group>/Extract and not to the Default "Repair & Extract" RAR Extract Destination Folder.

This is since the Beta 2! The same with the Beta 2 unof. Forum Release ...
With NL 6 and NL 7 Beta 1 ist works ok!

I found the Option at the NZB Section who overwrite this settings :oops:
Attachments
Newsleecher.png
Newsleecher.png (78.46 KiB) Viewed 7228 times

Andre

Post by Andre » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:34 am

I can confirm that the interim beta has indeed fixed my download destination bug with Leech Specify mode. Thanks!

Could someone tell me whether there's a way to automatically download RARs/PARs to a temporary drive location (e.g. my fast local RAID 0 array) but still have the final extracted files sent to my Leech Specify folder (normally on my NAS)? That would speed up both downloading and extracting, as Extract would not be trying to simultaneously read and write large amounts of data to/from the same NAS drive.

Andre

Blakeyrat

Post by Blakeyrat » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:24 pm

I have just started using NL 7 beta 2 and noticed a problem with this. I have the default download location set to "E:\Downoad\<Group>\" but files are downloaded to "E:\Downoad\<Group>\RAR Name\"

SwaggieBroo

Post by SwaggieBroo » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:39 pm

I see that by me it also don't work at all so what I do is the easy way. Only E:\Download as default destination folder should be enough because the nzb file name is always automaticly added. The only thing I don't like now is this extracted folder. So the default repair and extract I keep empty, that's how it works by me, I hope thatn they fix all these errors in the next build because if I leave the settings by the standard than I had to go 4 directories deep to see my files