Bug 14x10z07c - corruption in RnE queue

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Sunfox

Bug 14x10z07c - corruption in RnE queue

Post by Sunfox » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:26 pm

This bug has cropped up at least a half dozen times for me... so I think it should be reported. Using the unofficial forum release #4.

Symptoms:

* Select multiple result items from SuperSearch, then queue them with the Spacebar. For example, queue 3 results items at once. (EDIT: for reference, I just had this happen with a number of rapid-fire individual SS result additions done all in a row.)
* Sometimes (not all the time), the error "14x10z07c" will appear.

* If it does, then jump over to the queue and you'll see one less result than you selected... however, its par2 file will already have been downloaded.
* Repair and Extract immediately hard locks (cannot be stopped).
* The file that did NOT appear in the queue (but did have its par2 downloaded) will be either shown as a bright red line in RnE with "???" for status, OR it will be stuck on "preparing to extract".
* Sometimes, another one of the newly added queued items will show up as a white line with "no files in set".

Here's an example log:

Code: Select all

7:09:17 AM  * Repositioning RAR archive files, to download in correct order ... RESULT 1
7:09:17 AM  * Repositioning RAR archive files, to download in correct order ... RESULT 2
7:09:17 AM  * Repositioning RAR archive files, to download in correct order ... RESULT 3
7:09:17 AM Moving PAR2 index file to top of download queue.  RESULT 1
7:09:17 AM Moving PAR2 index file to top of download queue.  RESULT 2
7:09:17 AM Moving PAR2 index file to top of download queue.  RESULT 3
7:09:17 AM Added 295 articles to the NewsLeecher transfer queue in 0ms, followed by a queue flush, which was executed in 34ms.
7:09:18 AM Downloaded article [ RESULT 1.par2 ] ...
7:09:18 AM  * Saving file to disk "RESULT 1.par2". ( E:\Temp\ )
7:09:18 AM Downloaded article [ RESULT 2.par2 ] ...
7:09:18 AM  * Saving file to disk "RESULT 2.par2". ( E:\Temp\ )
7:09:18 AM Downloaded article [ RESULT 3.par2 ] ...
7:09:18 AM  * Saving file to disk "RESULT 3.par2". ( E:\Temp\ )
7:09:20 AM ------------------------------------------------------------------------
7:09:20 AM Repair & Extract  ::  Removing Excess Articles From Queue  ::  Articles Matching (RESULT 1)
7:09:20 AM ------------------------------------------------------------------------
7:09:20 AM  * Removing matching collection <RESULT 1>
7:09:20 AM 14x10z07c
In the example above, RESULT 1 immediately got stuck in "preparing to extract", and RESULT 3 got stuck with "no files in set". RnE at this point has locked up and cannot be stopped, however the software will at least shut down gracefully.

When NL starts back up, I see RESULT 1 in the RnE list flash bright red VERY quickly, but then it recovers to normal. However, all matching articles have already been deleted from the queue by this bug before they were downloaded, so it must be re-queued (and this time, it works).

At this point RESULT 3 mysteriously changes status to "finished", however nothing for it has actually been downloaded yet, and so its par2 needs to be re-added to the RnE queue to be processed (and this also works - there's nothing wrong with the par2 files).

Might be important to note that this typically occurs when articles are already downloading (at about 45mbit), just in case this is some type of race condition.

Sunfox

Re: Bug 14x10z07c - corruption in RnE queue

Post by Sunfox » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:30 am

Sorry, forgot part of the error message:

Access violation at address 00965BBF in module 'newsLeecher.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Man, I am getting this ALL the time - whenever I select more than a couple items to queue. Just had a slightly different variation of the bug. Same result, new name:

Bug ID:
14g10n07r

Bug Data #2:
List index out of bounds (4)

galronn

Post by galronn » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:19 pm

You're not alone, I get this all the time as well. Then i need to restart NL in order for R&E to do it's job...maybe.

Sunfox

Post by Sunfox » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:33 pm

I can report that the issue with queuing multiple items simultaneously is REDUCED in the official Beta 3, however not completely fixed. I've so far had one instance of an "out of range" error when selecting maybe 15 SuperSearch results (meaning 15 PARs will be added in rapid succession), however this one did not crash the software. It prevented one out of those 15 items from being queued properly, however I was able to simply re-queue the item without issue.