Version 7 doesn't load in Windows XP

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
baltazar

Version 7 doesn't load in Windows XP

Post by baltazar »

Is version 7 incompatible with XP? No mention of any incompatibility in the release notes, but all V7 beta versions refuse to load here in Win XP SP3.
I've never experienced this with any version before, including the latest pre v7 release (version 6.5 beta 6). I've tried scanning with a file monitor, but it doesn't ask for any missing files or anything out of the ordinary it seems.
V7 does scan the common controls folder (WinSxS) more than v6.5 but I can't find anything odd. The application just won't load at all. Any clues..?

#1tech

Re: Version 7 doesn't load in Windows XP

Post by #1tech »

I have a small 10" Asus netbook (2GB RAM) with Windows XP with all updates. I have been running all the latest UFR's as they are posted and every one has installed without any errors. It's slow, but the program usually runs OK except for the errors other people have experienced with the undates as the Beta applications improve.