Missing Articles in NZB breaks downloading

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
tpr_nl

Missing Articles in NZB breaks downloading

Post by tpr_nl »

Hi, I'm trying out the latest beta of newsleecher.

It works fine if you download / select everything for download in the program itself.
But when downloading from NZB sources with missing articles in files it simply queues them instead of saving the files.
There are enough PAR2 repair files to repair those missing articles from files but there is no way i can get it off queued

why have a repair option if you demand files to be perfect on the server when downloading from nzb files?.
i see the files that are not completed in the !! newsleecher temporary !! directory.. however the program keeps them open with read deny to all (WHY!?) and removes them when closing newsleecher

this means that newsleecher is no longer a viable program for me to :(

I used newsleecher 3.95 for a very long time and it always did the job. but it does not seem to work in windows 10.

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Missing Articles in NZB breaks downloading

Post by Spiril »

This unofficial forum test release should fix the bug :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70008.ufr4.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kublai

Post by kublai »

This build appears to have fixed the problem. Many Thanks!!!!

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril »

Sounds good. Thanks for testing it.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.