Temporaily paused while writing download data to the.....

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
BlizzardUK

Temporaily paused while writing download data to the.....

Post by BlizzardUK »

.....storage drive.

Please note this message is wrong, my drive is fine, I did a speed test on it. This message has been happening over the last few days, I download a few MB and then this message appears, every time, and it stays on this message without carrying on. Newsleecher has worked fine for me for years up until now, and my download speed has not changed in a few months. I have tried reinstalling V7 (beta 7) but it doesn't help. I have tried other download servers, and deleted temp folders and files, nothing works. I have tried cleaning up RAR extractor and turning it off. Nothing helps and after this message happens I can't exit the software, I have to task manager close it.

Any ideas ? Very annoying, not sure why it would suddenly happen as I used Beta 7 for weeks and it was fine.

Would love a reply from staff, as I know previous questions about this from other members went unanswered elsewhere on the forum.

Shalom2010

Re: Temporaily paused while writing download data to the....

Post by Shalom2010 »

If you'd like a direct reply, log on to the Members area & visit http://www.newsleecher.com/support/
Best Regards

Steven...Chigwell, Essex

Frednewworld

Post by Frednewworld »

Same issue here, you're not alone. Dont know where this come from. Nothing changed before this problem appear.
I'm writing to support to support staff know if this trouble can be fixed.

See Ya
A + FRED

Frednewworld

Post by Frednewworld »

Maybe a solution :
After some test, i changed my default download folder to a Network Folder. The problem was not there.
I came back to my previous default local download folder. The problem disappeared.

Dont know if it's really fixed, but everything work fine now. I hope it will work for you too.
A + FRED

Priesy

Post by Priesy »

Was getting this issue myself quite a lot in windows 7 and even more so in windows 10
Adding newsleecher as an exception in windows defender seems to have resolved the issue for me :o

tinus

Post by tinus »

Yes, it might be anti-virus software that is checking the downloaded files. Especially with a lot of rar files, this may cause delays. I constantly have the temporarily pauses too. I think the RnE adds to it too. But patience always does the trick, although I sometimes pause NL manually until RnE has catched up :-)

robena

Post by robena »

I think that this is due to Newsleecher multiple bots accessing the drive at the same time.

I have a Gigabit Internet connection, and this problems is very apparent when you reach 300 Mbs download speed, limiting it even with fast drives.

I can only go above this speed using a RAID system that works well with concurrent access. Even SSDs suffer from it!

In contrast, Newsbin can go up to 450Mbs download speed.

It would be a worthy improvement for Newsleecher to buffer all the bots writes in memory, and then use only one thread to write on the disk.
Robert