Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Eric10301

Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Post by Eric10301 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:48 am

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it being an external drive or not, but recently I've run into a weird bug. Basically, I sometimes manually change the download folder from my internal hdd "D:\Downloads" to an external hdd on "I:\Downloads". If I add anything to else to my queue while those files are being downloaded, newsleecher will revert the download location on the files already set to the I: drive back to the D: drive.
Last edited by Eric10301 on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

kublai

Re: Bug when saving articles to an external hdd

Post by kublai » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:48 pm

I get the same behavior with the latest v7b7 as the queue will go to your set default path for download after you exit NL and it doesn't remeber where you specify download to dir.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:41 pm

I have tried to trigger this bug with the latest unofficial forum release version of NewsLeecher, but I couldn't.

Can you try and see if you have "better luck" at doing it ?

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70008.ufr5.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kublai

Post by kublai » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:57 pm

I am still having problem with this build, do I need to clear something like my cache as I have been upgrading from versions to versions without deleting anything as I don't want to lose my settings. What's happening is I set a default download destination like d:\temp\download. I use Supersearch to queue up my download and put it in f:\mydownloads and it will download to f:\mydownloads but if I pause exit Newsleecher and comes back in, it go back to d:\temp\download when I start the download again. This happens either way if I import the .nzb or use super search to queue my download.

kublai

Post by kublai » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:12 pm

I also notice that after I exit NL and come back in and expand my set that I am currently downloading and to only change destination download dir for individual files that I am no longer able to do that. I need to choose my whole set and then I can Change DL dir to make it stick to the new dir I want to set it to or else it will go back to the default d:\temp\download

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:27 pm

kublai wrote:What's happening is I set a default download destination like d:\temp\download. I use Supersearch to queue up my download and put it in f:\mydownloads
How do you tell NewsLeecher to download the SuperSearch articles to "f:\mydownloads" instead the default "d:\temp\download\" download folder ?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kublai

Post by kublai » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:30 pm

I click on the 'Queue' tab then right click on the subject bar and click on Dl. folder and I can see it default to either d:\temp\download or f:\mydownloads so whatever is in the menu bar is where its going to download to. I also physically check both dirs to see where the files are being saved to.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:43 am

Pls try the following :

Close NewsLeecher.

Rename the C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Roaming\NewsLeecher folder to something else.

Your settings have now been reset. See if you can still trigger the bug.

When done testing, just close NewsLeecher again and restore the renamed NewsLeecher folder.

kublai

Post by kublai » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:50 pm

This suggestion worked, so something is wrong with my old profile.
Spiril wrote:Pls try the following :

Close NewsLeecher.

Rename the C:\Users\[Your Windows Username]\AppData\Roaming\NewsLeecher folder to something else.

Your settings have now been reset. See if you can still trigger the bug.

When done testing, just close NewsLeecher again and restore the renamed NewsLeecher folder.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Thanks for testing.

If you still have the setup.v2.dat from the original NewsLeecher settings folder ( the folder you renamed ) and you don't mind sharing, pls PM it to me. Then I'll try to see if I can make a fix so you don't have to setup everything again.

kublai

Post by kublai » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:06 pm

I just made some changes to the advanced tweaks and now my download defaulted back to d:\temp\downloads which is my default destintaion. In the Queue tab it showed the download dir I queue it to but it's not going to that dir but instead to my default destination. Also when you expand you queue and change the destination on one of the file it will change the download dir for all files in the queue. If you change the download queue again for one of the file it will not change the dir and you will need to collapse the queue and then change the whole set to the new download folder. I will send you my setupv2.dat from my old NL as well.
Spiril wrote:Thanks for testing.

If you still have the setup.v2.dat from the original NewsLeecher settings folder ( the folder you renamed ) and you don't mind sharing, pls PM it to me. Then I'll try to see if I can make a fix so you don't have to setup everything again.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:16 pm

Hi kublai,

Thanks for sending the settings file.
kublai wrote:I just made some changes to the advanced tweaks and now my download defaulted back to d:\temp\downloads which is my default destintaion.
Is that with the just-reset settings ?

If you reset the settings again and don't make any changes to the adv. tweak settings, does the dl folder still reset after some time ? - If not, what adv. tweak setting do you change ?

kublai

Post by kublai » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:25 pm

I did numerous tests when I renamed my newsleecher to .old and it worked everytime as expected by keeping my download dir I had set before exiting NL, but after I made some advanced tweaks it acted like before. here is what I changed:

Article downloaded =clime
Article Highlight Color = clBlue
Article Color Incomplete = clRed
Artclie Color New = clYellow
Article Color Paused = clWhite
Backup Interval in minutes = 30
Bandwith Graph Background Logo = false
GUI popup hints = false
Icon Tray Balloon Tips = false
Launch Show Splashscreen = false
Logging detailed Download Error = false

I made all these changes at once so I'm not sure which one triggered it.
Spiril wrote:Hi kublai,

Thanks for sending the settings file.
kublai wrote:I just made some changes to the advanced tweaks and now my download defaulted back to d:\temp\downloads which is my default destintaion.
Is that with the just-reset settings ?

If you reset the settings again and don't make any changes to the adv. tweak settings, does the dl folder still reset after some time ? - If not, what adv. tweak setting do you change ?

kublai

Post by kublai » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:29 pm

With my current settings that I provided in the setup.v2.dat, now when I exit NL and come back in it goes to my default destination folder and when I tried to change the queue to the folder I want to save the files in, I get the error message below after it download the file that I paused it on when I exited NL. The only way to get out of this error is use Windows task manager to kill NL.

Bug ID:
lkwctytgc

Bug Data #2:
System Error. Code: 32.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 am

Latest beta is still doing it and that's after doing a completely fresh install and deleting all app data.