Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Eric10301

Re: Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Post by Eric10301 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:34 am

Bug is still present in the latest beta.

kublai

Post by kublai » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:32 pm

This bug will never get fixed as only a million of us users are able to reproduce it but not the dev and they are more worried about adding banners to their software instead of concentrating on the real problems.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:43 am

kublai wrote:This bug will never get fixed as only a million of us users are able to reproduce it but not the dev and they are more worried about adding banners to their software instead of concentrating on the real problems.
It makes you wonder if the devs even use the program they created. It's not exactly a tough bug to trigger. It has been almost 6 months with no progress.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:09 am

I use the program constantly, but for some reason this specific bug is hard for me to trigger. Also, from reading the forums and support mails, I think it affects less than 0.1% of the user base, so it's not common bug. That doesn't help you of course ;)

The good news though, is that I finally think I know why the bug gets triggered. I'll look more into and post an unofficial forum release when I think I got the bug fix. Hopefully within the next 1 to 24 hours time.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:35 pm

Let's see if I got it fixed this time around! :-k

https://www.newsleecher.com/nl70013.ufr1.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kublai

Post by kublai » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Appears this version fixed the problem of files going into the specified dir but now I have 2 other problems:

1. For some reason some of the incomplete files will not write out to disk as it's still said "queue" and I tried to resume selected and exited NL and come back in

2. If my repair/extract set is incomplete, it does not automatically un-pause the pars* to make the set complete, I have to manually un-pause each file.

I have only tested 1 nzb so far that I previously had problem with not going to the correct dir when I specified it to a dir.

can someone else confirm this behavior?
Spiril wrote:Let's see if I got it fixed this time around! :-k

https://www.newsleecher.com/nl70013.ufr1.exe

kublai

Post by kublai » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:19 pm

I believe you have fixed this bug as I have tried several nzbs now and they are going to the correct dir. Thanks very much.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 am

I tried a couple of posts and it seems to have been fixed.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:46 am

Sounds good. One step closer to a final release!

Thanks for testing.

matisren23

Re: Bug when saving articles to an external hdd

Post by matisren23 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:57 am

kublai wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:57 pm
I am still having problem with this build, do I need to clear something like my cache as I have been upgrading from versions to versions without deleting anything as I don't want to lose my settings. What's happening is I set a default download destination like d:\temp\download forum rachat de crédit surendettement. I use Supersearch to queue up my download and put it in f:\mydownloads and it will download to f:\mydownloads but if I pause exit Newsleecher and comes back in, it go back to d:\temp\download when I start the download again. This happens either way if I import the .nzb or use super search to queue my download.
Indeed, you have to clear the cache when you encounter this kind of problem. This is so that everything stays after and you do not have any more worries with that.

noblemd

Post by noblemd » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:15 pm

Windows 10 Pro 1903
NL V8 Beta 1

Downloads to local F: drive then...

I save (repair and extract) to a 5 8TB drive RAID 5 (32TB) Synology NAS and have no problems.