Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Eric10301

Re: Bug when saving articles to an external hdd

Post by Eric10301 » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:21 am

I figured I should post this error that pops up when newsleecher switches the download folder back to default

Bug ID:
renfi.0

Bug Data #2:
System Error. Code: 32.
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process

Edit: I noticed that if I disable r&e, newsleecher won't switch the download folder on me. That was after experiencing the bug three times in a couple of minutes.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:01 pm

Eric10301,

Thanks for testing.

Still no download folder reset if you keep R&E disabled ?
Eric10301 wrote: Bug ID:
renfi.0

Bug Data #2:
Is that error message triggered every time the download folder gets reset ?

When you have time, pls try this test release and see if that makes a difference :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70010.ufr6.exe
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kublai

Post by kublai » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:58 pm

I only have Repair enabled but not the Extract option.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:49 am

Spiril wrote:Eric10301,

Thanks for testing.

Still no download folder reset if you keep R&E disabled ?
Eric10301 wrote: Bug ID:
renfi.0

Bug Data #2:
Is that error message triggered every time the download folder gets reset ?

When you have time, pls try this test release and see if that makes a difference :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70010.ufr6.exe
I wasn't able to trigger the bug using that new beta. Good stuff.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:21 am

I just triggered the bug unfortunately. I removed the par set from r&e while it was in the middle of checking the release, which caused nl to spit out that error and change the download folder.

kublai

Post by kublai » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:49 pm

I am able to trigger this bug still in the latest v7b10. Dang bug is pretty annoying as everything in my queue goes to the default download dir. Even though the queue has the correct dir its not going to that dir but the download default dir. I tried dsiconnecting NL and change the download dir but it wont even go to the correct dir for my entire queue.

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:44 am

Anything new on this? Like kublai said, it's a very annoying bug.

cory1492

Post by cory1492 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:19 am

I was able to trigger this bug just now by disabling r&e on v7b10. r&e was entirely empty, I had imported a nzb and manually changed its download folder and started downloading it. Disabling r&e changed the download location I had just set in mid-file to my default location corrupting the currently downloading file. No actual error message was presented until the end of the file where it complained about access denied.

edit:/ and it also did it when toggling extract via the extract tab's checkbox with something in the r&e queue

Eric10301

Post by Eric10301 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:35 pm

Bump.

Spiril
Site Admin

Post by Spiril » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:06 am

I still haven't been able to trigger this bug, so it's really hard to fix for me.

Does the bug only trigger when the download path is pointing to an external HDD ?

Also, can you trigger the bug if you keep Repair & Extract empty and disabled while downloading ?
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.

kublai

Post by kublai » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:50 pm

I believe the easiest way to trigger this bug is have extract "checked" under the extract tab. While you are downloading "uncheck" extract. There are multiple ways of triggering this bug as noted in the forum. For some reason it just wants to go to the default folder you specified in the setting. If you have say spereate queue of 50, you have to delete all 50 and requeue it to the correct dir or else they will all go to the default specified dir since you cannot change it now once the bug is triggered.

cory1492

Post by cory1492 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:27 pm

I concur with you kublai, just want to provide some reproduceable steps that I've tested to ensure its not my current install of newsleecher or its config files.

I tested this just now on a fresh windows xp vm, using a fresh install of newsleecher 7b10:
- setup newsleecher
- add a server
- make sure the default download folder is set to something (whatever it sets as default during setup is fine)
- queue up anything and change its download folder to something other than default (does not have to be a different disk, just a path that isn't the default one - which also includes the manually set path you can give when using supersearch leech more -> specify or by right clicking in the queue to change its path)
- start downloading it
- while its downloading, go to repair and extract tab, and toggle any of extract/repair/monitor/enabled checkboxes
- look at queue tab and see the download folder has been changed (as I said before, mid file which corrupts the current file being downloaded)
- when it gets to the end of the file it corrupted, it produces the access bug, subsequent files are downloaded to the default directory.

Code: Select all

Bug ID:
renfi.0

Bug Data #2:
System Error.  Code: 32.
- on exiting newsleecher, the corrupt part of the file is removed from the path you set but the default directory contains the latter part of the file in the !! newsleecher !! folder and is not automatically cleaned up at that exit

It does not appear to affect the queue unless its downloading, trying these same steps without a server or before connecting did not produce the bug. Also, once the folder is changed via the bug/checkboxes it can be changed back by restarting newsleecher, then the one you set will reappear rather than the default one.

kublai

Post by kublai » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:58 am

I think I was also able to trigger this by choosing the option when empty --> shutdown computer option as well during downloading the queue.

NM:
I belive it's the queue size that's trigger it.

Spiril let me know if you need a .nzb to test this.

kublai

Re: Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Post by kublai » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 am

I was able to trigger this also by creating a nzb from an indexer like binsearch.info and nzbindex.nl and import it onto NewsLeecher.

Eric10301

Re: Bug saving articles to a location other than the defualt folder

Post by Eric10301 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:17 am

I'm kind of amazed spiril hasn't been able to trigger this bug yet. You can trigger it pretty easily just using the program.