Highlight whole line

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
thany

Highlight whole line

Post by thany » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:23 pm

How can highlight a whole line, like I could in NL 4.0?

Now it only highlights the part that was matched, which is ugly and not suitable to how I'm using it. I'm matching ".jpg" to highlight pictures, so only a very small rectangle gets a different colour, which is hard to see. I tried enabling custom colour in advanced options, but it sadly does not highlight the entire line, just the matched charcters :/

Using NL 7.0 b7 on Windows 10.
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working

Quaraxkad

Re: Highlight whole line

Post by Quaraxkad » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:23 pm

There is currently no option to highlight the entire line, but changing the highlight color to something more vibrant will make it stand out more. I have all of my articles in rather muted colors and then the filter highlights in yellow. While it's not as obvious as a full line highlighted, you still can't miss it.

Spiril
Site Admin

Re: Highlight whole line

Post by Spiril » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:28 am

I'm not implementing new functionality into the V7 line of NewsLeecher, but the code for highlighting the whole line was already ( almost ) there, so I have just quickly re-enabled it in this unofficial forum test release :

http://www.newsleecher.com/nl70011.ufr1.exe

You can enable whole line highlighting from Settings -> Highlight -> Highlight Whole Line.

I haven't really tested it yet so let me know if it doesn't work properly.
bug fixed. no idea how. hate it when that happens. trying to break it again now. will. not. be. defeated.