NL7B10 Reconnecting by itself

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
thany

NL7B10 Reconnecting by itself

Post by thany »

When I disconnect the servers by clicking the Pause button followed by the Online button in the top-left, NL will magically reconnect after a certain amount of time. When it disconnects, it also "clicks" the pause button, effectively resuming the queue, which will reconnect on its turn. Probably.

Whatever the case may be, when I have NL disconnect itself, I expect it to stay disconnected until I say otherwise. The disconnect is a direct user action, and direct user actions must not be undone by an automated action, generically speaking. This should even be true if there's a setting to auto-connect when the queue is non-empty.

That is why I consider this a bug.

The use-case for this is editing server properties: it becomes tedious to do so when NL constantly reconnects, because servers cannot be edited when NL is connected to any of them (which is weird, but so be it).
Running Newsleecher 7.0 on Windows 10 x64, because 4.0 stopped working