8.0 Beta 4: Temporarily paused while writing downloaded data to storage device

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
zenmusicman

Re: 8.0 Beta 4: Temporarily paused while writing downloaded data to storage device

Post by zenmusicman »

I see this too and after exclusion the DL folder from AV, have come to the conclusion that my cpu simply can't keep up to the 1GB dl speeds. It's current pegged at near 100%

Using 18 bots...
:lol:

Antonin

Re: 8.0 Beta 4: Temporarily paused while writing downloaded data to storage device

Post by Antonin »

In my experience, V7 has never reacted this way to fast DL speeds. IMHO, V8 still has some significant bugs that need to be fixed. I still maintain that there is no further development happening on V8. It is dead.

zenmusicman

Post by zenmusicman »

I like the new interface a lot and to be honest, I saw just as many exceptions with V7. Today I had no problems save for one crash.

One thing that is perplexing is that sometime in the last couple of years I can’t download all headers and maybe that’s just because of the nature of the way NL is indexing now. Are used to like to peruse all downloaded headers but noticed in V8 there’s a tool tip to advise just using super search to know what you’re looking for.

I wished both sections worked but maybe using that has just changed that much.

kublai

Post by kublai »

Anyone found a solution to this problem? I just got 1gbit connection and now when I download about 60000KB I'm getting this error. That translate to about 60MB/S and I can do a copy from HDD to HDD with 140MB/S+ without any errors.

zenmusicman

Post by zenmusicman »

I see it randomly and just either ignore the error (don't close the bug window) and it usually continues. Worst case I just Kill Process then restart NL and downloads continue in queue

kublai

Post by kublai »

zenmusicman wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 am
I see it randomly and just either ignore the error (don't close the bug window) and it usually continues. Worst case I just Kill Process then restart NL and downloads continue in queue
It does continue but then it slows down your connection so it can write and if it constantly doing that than downloads takes alot longer.