NL 8b4 WHY ?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
scuba966

NL 8b4 WHY ?

Post by scuba966 »

Hello crew

Why did you release NL Beta 8 at all, has no testing been done from a beta user group.
Whilst NL 7 was working very fine, why did you introduce NL 8 at all since I can't really appreciate any new features.
Is NL 7 still working with the current SS Engine, if so I happily downgrade back ?

noblemd

Re: NL 8b4 WHY ?

Post by noblemd »

scuba966 wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:22 am
Why did you release NL Beta 8 at all, has no testing been done from a beta user group.
Whilst NL 7 was working very fine, why did you introduce NL 8 at all since I can't really appreciate any new features.
Is NL 7 still working with the current SS Engine, if so I happily downgrade back ?

Perhaps you do not understand the concept of BETA release software:
Beta software refers to computer software that is undergoing testing and has not yet been officially released. Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public. In most cases, a software developer will release multiple "beta" versions of a program during the beta phase. Each version includes updates and bug fixes that have been made in response to user feedback. The beta phase may last anywhere from a few weeks for a small program to several months for a large program.
I am running the latest version 8 beta software multiple times daily and with the above definition in mind it is working very well. It is extraordinarily fast, deobfuscates headers efficiently , and the new Folders engine makes it easy to redirect downloads.

Keep in mind (as per the above definition), that beta releases of NewsLeecher may have error dialogs that pop up and minor visual inconsistencies (such as the "X" instead of an icon for clean-up/sweep/default in the SuperSearch tab), and it may include pending changes that are incomplete (but still work). All of which is consistent with a BETA release version of the software.

Below is a link to the latest unofficial forum release version that has many bug fixes. As I stated above, I am using this version and it works very well in my extensive use environment.

https://www.newsleecher.com/nl80005.ufr2.exe
Windows 10 v.2004
Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.0 GHz)
DeepCool Captain 240 RGB V2, AIO Liquid CPU Cooler (Max Temp 75°C 100% load)
NL download drive: M2 2280 500 GB NVME SSD (2.5 GB/s r/w)
Synology NAS #1: 32 TB RAID 5 (5 x 8 TB Drives)
Synology NAS #2: 18 TB RAID 5 (4 x 6 TB Drives)
500 Mb/s Internet Connection (NL Avg D/L speed 55 MB/s)