V8.0 Beta 4 - Leech (Specify) extracts to default Download Folder

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
sus

V8.0 Beta 4 - Leech (Specify) extracts to default Download Folder

Post by sus » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:03 am

When I use Leech Specify (CTRL+Y) and specify a sub folder it will create the sub folder and place the archives within the specified sub folder. However, when it extracts it moves the extracted files to the default Download Folder. Whereas in previous versions it would both download and extract to the folder you specified in the Leech Specify dialog. My default Unpack Folder is left blank as usual.

noblemd

Re: V8.0 Beta 4 - Leech (Specify) extracts to default Download Folder

Post by noblemd » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:14 pm

LEECH and UNPACK are two different, distinct functions.

Leech Specify LEECHES to the specified folder.

UNPACK unpacks to the default or custom UNPACK FOLDER (as specified in Download/Unpack Folders).

NewsLeecher is operating properly.

If NL previously unpacked to the Leech Specify folder then it was not operating properly and has now been fixed.

You can request a LEECH & UNPACK SPECIFY function (or a separate UNPACK Specify function) in the Wishlist for Santa forum at viewforum.php?f=4.
Windows 10 v.1909
New computer build: Ryzen 3950 (16 Cores 32 Threads - OC 4.5 GHz)
NewsLeecher download drive: M2 2280 500 GB SSD (1.2 GB/s r/w)
Synology NAS #1: 32 TB RAID 5 (5 x 8 TB Drives)
Synology NAS #2: 18 TB RAID 5 (4 x 6 TB Drives)
500 Mb/s Internet Connection
Avg. NewsLeecher D/L speed 55 MB/s

TheSiege

Re: V8.0 Beta 4 - Leech (Specify) extracts to default Download Folder

Post by TheSiege » Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:45 am

Noblemd, while I appreciate your contributions to this forum, in this case you are incorrect. The extraction folder, when left empty, would default to the download folder for each item. This was the designed behaviour in previous versions, and it was explicitly explained in the tooltip text for the extract location text box too; see the screenshot i uploaded in another related thread.

At present it is always extracting to the *default download folder*, which is totally incorrect behaviour, given that i haven't specified a *default extract folder* at all. It should default to the current download folder for each item, unless a default extract location has explicilty been set.

Having to go moving extracted files back to the. download folder i specified is a chuffing pain in the arse, and it needs fixing.