Filter within retrieved list

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
franklopes

Filter within retrieved list

Post by franklopes »

I don't see this option in the Beta release. Or at least I can't find it

Let's say you search for a common item and I and it lists several hundred "hits".
Afterwards you could filter the contents of the retrieved list by entering in a box, say, "2015" and only the hits with 2015 in the description would be displayed. Is there a way to do this?

Did I confuse every one yet?

I hope not. Thank you.

Frank Lopes

Mibbler

Re: Filter within retrieved list

Post by Mibbler »

They've changed it so that it's still available but in a much less useful way. There's no secondary filter as there is in v7. After doing a search with too many results you can add more filters to the primary search box and the result will be immediate. You don't have to search again. However, it doesn't save the added filter in a separate list so you have to either type it in again every time you want to refine the search or add it permanently to that particular search item by doing a new search.

For example, suppose you do a search that gets a lot of hits. You prefer 1080p if available. You add that to the search box. No results, or none you want? Delete that and type in 720p. In v7 I kept those in the secondary search list and selected them as needed. Also -HEVC, since I don't yet have a video player that can handle it. It's much better to keep common search refinements in a separate list, and I hope the NL programmers will restore that functionality.
Del Mibbler

franklopes

Post by franklopes »

<< I hope the NL programmers will restore that functionality. >

Dito here

Thank You

Antonin

Post by Antonin »

Same here. It is looking more and more as though capabilities, functions and options that we've used in V7 have been removed or made more difficult to use. With respect, how is that improving on a software product? Unless very major changes are made to V8 before it gets to GA, I can't imagine that I'd be using it.

UGround

Post by UGround »

When the search is finished, the same search filter can be used for the search in the results.