SuperLeech issues?

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
nurbles

SuperLeech issues?

Post by nurbles »

I was just looking for the latest episode of a TV series I use SuperLeech to download and discovered that SuperSearch found 17 instances of the show over the past 6 days. SuperLeech supposedly checks every hour and STILL has not found it!

FWIW, I reboot my computer every day or two, so this isn't something that simply restarting NewsLeecher will resolve.

I'm using 8.0b4, my SuperLeech (and SuperSearch) query for the show I just checked is

Code: Select all

the.expanse -german -french -deutsch -italian -xxx -.ITA.
It was set to match video, episodes S03E03 and newer. It found S05E01 and S05E02, but has completely missed S05E03 and S05E04 -- I found those using SuperSearch using the EXACT same search query.

AmigaMan

Re: SuperLeech issues?

Post by AmigaMan »

Hi nurbles
SuperLeech will only find new episodes since adding it to the watch list. It is not like SuperSearch where it will find existing posts.
https://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewt ... 62#p115262

SuperLeech has evolved since this post but the fundamentals are the same and in Beta it does come with a warning, unfortunately I'm not able to give you specifics as I don't use this feature, maybe someone who does can help.

nurbles

Post by nurbles »

SuperLeech will only find new episodes since adding it to the watch list. It is not like SuperSearch where it will find existing posts.
Well... I added The Expanse to the watch list a few years ago, during season 3 (hinted by my "newer than S03E03" comment) so I don't think that particular fact should be my issue. But thanks for trying! :?

nurbles

Post by nurbles »

Just for an update, another new episode was posted last night, but SuperLeech is continuing to ignore this one search. An episode of another show was also posted and SuperLeech grabbed it right away, as expected.

AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

sounds like your grab parameters are corrupt, can you write down your search criteria and delete it and make a new one.

is there any help for this problem in the SuperLeech Forum

nurbles

Post by nurbles »

AmigaMan wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:19 pm
can you write down your search criteria and delete it and make a new one.
I thought of that after my previous post, but I won't know if it helped until next week.

I'm also noticing that SuperSearch features are being removed (or disabled?), for example the

Code: Select all

poster:postername
item now has no effect as a filter on results nor does it appear to have any affect as an initial search term (other than making the query fail to find anything.) I suspect that the developers/administrators of NewsLeecher and its associated services are spending all their time messing with the back end. So far, not really in a good way, either.