v2.1 beta 4 : no filter in "all groups" panel

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
slim673

v2.1 beta 4 : no filter in "all groups" panel

Post by slim673 »

Seems like i lost my panel to filter all the groups.I have to go manually through 80.000 groups.

Is this a bug or has it been replaced ?

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

Is this what you are talking about?

It shows up just fine for me when I click on the Show All/Subscribed button

GekkeKoe

Post by GekkeKoe »

I have to agree it's not very clear it's a toggle button. The caption is conflicting for such a button.

IMHO it should either have a caption of "Show All" and be pressed to show all groups and depressed to show subcribed groups (which would be my first choice) or have a caption of "Show Subscribed" and show subscribed groups while pressed and show all groups when depressed.

Cheers.
NARF!

Lips
Forum Moderator

Post by Lips »

GekkeKoe wrote:I have to agree it's not very clear it's a toggle button. The caption is conflicting for such a button.

IMHO it should either have a caption of "Show All" and be pressed to show all groups and depressed to show subcribed groups (which would be my first choice) or have a caption of "Show Subscribed" and show subscribed groups while pressed and show all groups when depressed.
I agree that this toggle button's purpose could be made a little clearer. The first suggestion of "Show All" works for me. Have the button change color as it currently does when pressed and all groups would then magically appear.

--
Lips

slim673

Post by slim673 »

Smudge wrote:Is this what you are talking about?

Yes,that is what i am talking about. Except that i cant press the name fliter button and there is no white space for typing. On that place i have tw arrows ( >> ) in grey.

cbc

Post by cbc »

Can anyone advise if beta 4 also asks for a new serial key? I'm getting *very* leary of updating to any more new versions after the fiasco with beta 3... :?
& yes, I *know* it's a beta, but this serial key/re-registration problem should have been put to bed long ago.

slim673

Post by slim673 »

Solved it. After chage theme from win office xp to standard and back the name filter showed up again. Strange though, because i never used any skins.

zetaprime

Post by zetaprime »

slim673 wrote:

Yes,that is what i am talking about. Except that i cant press the name fliter button and there is no white space for typing. On that place i have tw arrows ( >> ) in grey.

I have the same problem here. No place to type a group name. :(

zetaprime

Post by zetaprime »

slim673 wrote:Solved it. After chage theme from win office xp to standard and back the name filter showed up again. Strange though, because i never used any skins.
I tried changing my Windows XP themes back and forth..still no name filter. :(

Smudge
Site Admin

Post by Smudge »

The double arrows appear when there isn't enough space to draw the text box.

Try making your Newsleecher window wider or use the center column divider between Server Manager pane and Group Manager pane to shrink the Server Manager pane.

wilbveen

Post by wilbveen »

slim673 wrote:

In my new beta version [version 2.1 beta 4] When i click on the button [show all/subscribed] i got no white field after the button [name filter] to type in,
In my older version 2.1 beta 2 i've got a white space to type what i want to filter and now i've got a grey field with two arrows. It look likes someone forgot the field in the new beta version

SkinnyDemon

Post by SkinnyDemon »

I had this problem as well.
I simply click the drag bar to the left to increase the size of the space used for dispalying the groups.

It brought the filter box back straight away and then i adjusted the column again. Seems a little strange this.

Its obvious it wasnt because there wasnt any room to view it, because as soon as i dragged the half of the bar to the left, and back again, it showed.

zetaprime

Post by zetaprime »

Thank you! That fixed it for me. I had changed my themes back and forth with no result and coudln't imagine why some people were having it work properly. I think I know why the theme change might have worked for some people. When you change themes it might have changed the sizes of window borders and fonts for some people, and that would have done the equivalent of moving that bar back and forth.

David Staunton

Post by David Staunton »

When you have name filter box enabled, right click on top of page and put a tick in "lock toolbars".