Speed issue after using NL 2.3 b1 and b2

Forum to report beta release bugs and discuss the latest beta releases with other users.
• If reporting a beta release bug, be sure read the bug reporting guidelines first.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT : Be sure to read the NewsLeecher forums policy before posting.
Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Me1432 wrote:
dwazegek wrote:Anyway (just ooc), you mentioned before that the NSP might put a low-speed user on a slower server, does this actually happen, or were you just speculating?
Sorry I should have rephrased it :), What I meant was if you have been downloading for a long time then you could get locked to a certain speed untill you reconnect to the server, probably a load balancing feature. But no I dont think they would ever put you on a slow server just because you arnt downloading as fast as they can send.

I have noticed that if if I connect and I download at a slow speed i have to reconnect otherwise it will stay at a slow speed untill i next reconnect.
Interesting... what newsserver do you use?
Grtz RD

If I had a really good tagline, I would put it here.

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

Giganews :)

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Me1432 wrote:Giganews :)
Hmm, me too, I didn't know they did this sort of thing, I can't say I have ever noticed it.
Grtz RD

Destroyer

Post by Destroyer »

They might not :), it could be fully something to do with my computer. Anyway it is strange i must admit :)

Red Dwarf
Forum Moderator

Post by Red Dwarf »

Me1432 wrote:They might not :), it could be fully something to do with my computer. Anyway it is strange i must admit :)
I'm curious enough to do some testing in the near future. :)
Grtz RD